VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Retrimmed seat styles

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  wodge 
#1 ·
Guys I am getting someone to retirm my seats (a pre-ordered xmas present) and the design i think I will probably choose is the 'fillet' design.... Unless you have any other ideas. If you could show me your retrimmed seats to give me and the trimmer an idea that be awesome!

#3 ·
Nice! Looks like they know what they are doing! Wot sort of money they quoting? I'm in talks for approx 300 that was with Bentley quilting but not sure I want that so they said may be cheaper. The only downside with this is that it's supply only and I have to fit myself or get a local upholsterer to fit them, they use the originals as templates and have all the loops built in to attach back to the seats.....

#4 ·
I was quoted 650 plus vat in black and ivory full leather like the passat in the gallery that was for a captain seat and a double front,
They manufacture the covers off there templates , time wise they said 10 days to make from order then 4 hrs to trim the seats which i didn't think was bad for leather and only losing the use of my van for 4 hrs.

Sounds like a good price was that 300 for leather on the front and the backs of the seats as some use a vinyl on the backs?

#6 ·
beware on mail order exchange seat covers for vw seats as there a various sizes of foams and fixings , some are thicker than than others and some are narrower in key areas . headrests vary hugely also. be also aware of so called full leather seats that actually have very little real leather and quite abit of saddle leather which is a15% real leather in a man made material. looks like leather , feels like leather almost smells like leather. ade

#7 ·
i've been using quite abit of the saddle stuff on the contract upholstery(designer specified)and its not that bad really.But you can get a decent leather for not much more money than you are paying for the saddle stuff so you are better sticking with the real leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.