VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

iphone/ipod dock for the workshop tunes

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  bazlightbeer 
#1 ·
Berfday soon :D

Want half decent bass if poss, what ya got, where from, how much and is it any good :)

#2 · (Edited)
We have a Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere which is ok for camping etc but no real bass. To be honest, the best result I've had for iPod/iPhone speakers that doesn't involve an amp/proper speakers is a set of second hand Bose PC speakers. They work without needing a PC sound card etc. maybe something like that with its own little sub will work? Any old stereo with an aux in will probably sound better than most of the little dock systems, unless you're spending a bit of money.

EDIT - my wife has a Pure Chronos idock that's not bad - about £50 from Richer Sounds I think... Has DAB radio built in too

(Did you get the patio sorted?)

#8 ·
Bower and Wilkins Zeppelin Airplay, wireless so you can stream from your pc, mac, ipad, tablet or phone. Awesome sound, clear high notes, mid range and absolutely stonking bass, shakes your stomach.. T:

I'll leave you to research how much they cost.. :eek:

I got mine from John Lewis, factory second, nothing wrong with it and saved a hundred quid, best system I've had and I've tried a few T:

#15 ·
You're gonna love this Keith

You need 2 plastic 2 litre milk bottles/cartons
One kitchen roll tube
A pen/pencil
Some tape
A sharp knife

1. Cut the milk cartons in two about half way up (get a grown up to help with the cutting)
2. Take your iPod/iPhone and set the bottom on the kitchen roll tube in the middle and draw round it.
3. Now cut out inside the lines you just drew.
4. Now place the kitchen roll tube against the side of the top half of the milk cartons and draw round them. Same place on both tops but opposite sides.
5. Cut out the circles on each carton top.
6. Slide the milk cartons on each end of the tube and tape securely in place.
7. Select the music you want and place the iPod/iPhone in the kitchen roll slot you cut in step 3.
8. Listen to your music knowing you just helped save the planet.

Love Phil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.