VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Kenwood rear camera problems

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Absolut5 
#1 ·
Hope some one can assist.
Set up kenwood dnx5240 with rear camera CCD2000
My rear camera has stopped working. Normally put van into reverse and camera kicks in. Sadly no more. Taken head unit out to check cables are plugged in. Everything is where it should be.
I did not fit it and not sure if factory fitted.
I have tried to chase the video in lead from head unit, in hope of finding the video box unit, but can't see where it goes.
Has anyone any ideas of where the video box unit might be hiding? I hopefully can test from there.
Very confused. May have to bite the bullet and call a professional

Thanks in advance if you can shed some light.
Chris

#2 ·
Have you altered anything in the settings menu? Does the screen change when you select reverse? If the screen doesn't change then it probably has nothing to do with the camera. Are the reversing lights working?

#3 ·
Up apex. Thanks for reply.
Nothing changed. The screen does not kick in when put in to reverse. Spent a couple of hours seeing where the video input comes from. Seems to go up the a pillar from head unit.
Tomorrow is to take the rear panel off and see if i can find the video unit.
Tried looking at the settings but nothing on the menu. Even pressed reset.

If all else fails will bite the bullet and call a professional :( will have to wait as found a pimple of my tyre so got to replace this first.

#6 ·
Thanks for advice.
Not had time to look for video unit. Would help if knew what it looked like as well. Any pictures would help.
Any ideas what I could use to check input? Portable DVD player?

Typical we get a hose pipe ban and it's non stop rain! Will have a look in the week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.