VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Plans for SWB furniture?

24K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  georgefvlong 
#1 ·
Afternoon all, Im looking for some furniture for my SWB T5.

I want to build it myself, is there anyone out there who has or can get hold of some plans so I know what sizes to cut etc?

Im after a long unit to go behind the drivers seat all the way to the rear door.

Hope someone can help.

George.

#2 ·
Hi I'm looking for the same thing ! But getting nowhere fast ... Looks like trial & error by the look of things !I'm a joiner and make furniture / build houses for over 15years I've got use of my brothers CNC machine too so can make the units for fun when I get up & running . I do all my own laminating too so thers a choice of over 60/70 colours to choose from .. Just need plans . Once I get the templates sorted I can make the units at a very good price !!!! ;) Check my company to see quality of work at www.elitejoiners-shopfitters.co.uk if any one can help I'll scratch your back you scratch mine (you know how it works) thanks mark

#7 · (Edited)
I have made my own for a swb using 2 sheets of Lightweight ply the internals have been made with standard ply. The hardest part was shaping the sides / ends wichI had done this on cardboard and transfered to the sheet rather than scribe guestimate I would have mad a neater job. I think if you have the ability you are best to design your own to suit your needs and furniture. The type of bed may dictate where you have your doors and how big the opening can be. I used a sheet lengthways in the van which covers 8ft front to back, I found this to be the least wastefull, The biggest job was cutting the doors with the router as I had to also make a template to follow

will try and upload pics over the next day or so

The rear cupboard may appear to be useless as you cant open it when the bed is set in the seat position, however it makes for secure storage when the seat is locked in place as the door cant be oppened

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.