VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

M6 Toll - How much do you pay?

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  JONESY 
#1 ·
Afternoon all!

I'm planning a trip "darn sarf" in the near future, and the route is going to take me down the M6 toll in my ExAA T4 (53 plate, 2.5tdi). I was wondering what I should expect to pay at the toll gate there?

I know my van is registered as a "Diesel Car" on the V5 document, so is that enough evidence toget through the toll as a car? Or am i going to be clobbered for the full van rate?

Cheers
Andy

#3 · (Edited)
It doesn't always save much time - depends on the time of day and how busy the m6 is. I try not to use it on principle, even when work would be picking up the tab!
I did use it a couple of times in my old T3 a few years ago and only paid the car rate - strangely, as it should have been the higher rate due to being higher at the front as mentioned above.

#16 ·
had the same thing wanted to charge me full rate so i refused and switched engine off told them they were robbing people blind.
said it was windowed 5 seater in the end they got hold of there manager in charge and
told me to move out the way to sort this out so i drove threw not paying a penny and kept going.
havent heard anything back on this yet......

#8 ·
dont know but have had some interesting experiences on the seven bridge

t4 with windows -piled high in back with gear- car rate
van with bed in back, cupboard thing -they asked for van rate- when we said its a camper they said wheres the sink- she even got out of booth and looked at it in the back-apparently if theres no sink she is told to charge van rate.

that was a few years back. always pay car rate now but it looks like a motor home now ??????

???????pot luck???????

#15 ·
ex aa, used it once got charged £9 one way. never again, use the link road (as prev posted) it runs alongside it all the way, is nearly all dual carrigeway and only takes 10min extra.. if travelling outside peak times the M6 is usually ok, if peak times use the link, A446 - A5? would need to check on a map.. No way im paying £18 for a days biking at cannock on top of fuel & car parking at the chase. damn toll road cant be 20miles long anyway..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.