VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Meatball

9K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  LongAilebd 
#1 ·
#12 ·
He's a great bloke and made of stern stuff..hope he's ok

#17 ·
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.T:

I came round a country corner only to see a small white van (just like mine) with the front completely stove in, windcreen smashed and coolant flooding the road. I stopped and asked what had happened, the driver who was unhurt pointed to the adjacent field where a huge stag was standing eating grass! He said that a hind had jumped over a hedge and missed his van then this huge begger followed and collided with his van. No venison and a big bill.:(

Cheers, Tony.

#18 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, thanks ever so much for your support and best wishes for the big man T:T:T:T:

I must admit that I was expecting to see a mangled wreck of a caddy but couldn't believe that Dave had taken the full brunt of the deer straight through the windscreen :eek::eek::eek:

The police report said that 2 things saved his life. His sheer size and his seat belt. That accident would have killed a mere mortal like me but not our Dave!!!

THe most up to date and accurate information will be on his brothers FB page here https://www.facebook.com/ben.miles.961?fref=ts so you can catch all the latest info as it arrives. I'll be finishing up today for the weekend and am leaving early tomorrow morning to go and visit him in hospital and try and rememebr to update you all the weekend.

In the meantime I've set up a Gofundme page to keep the wolves off his door (probably get an earful for that ;) ) while he concentrates on his recovery and getting back to normal for his kids. T:

https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/meatballs-road-to-recovery-2v3b3j4y

If you could share the hell out of it on as many forums and FB pages for me I'd be most grateful.

Thanks alot guys

Keith :ILU:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.