VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Insurance changeover help!

975 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 
#1 ·
Can anyone point me in the direction of an alternative insurance company that will allow me to insure as a camper conversion and then covert into motorhome insurance mid term that isn't Adrian Flux.

Long story short, I insured the van third party only so it was covered sat on the drive whilst converting with the intention of upgrading to fully comp motorhome insurance when complete. Roll on 3 months and we have powered on with the conversion and ready to start using it. I phone Adrian Flux to upgrade to be told you cant upgrade a third party policy to fully comp, nor can I cancel my current policy and immediately renew as fully comp.

I understand why but I just wish the lady on the phone had told me this when I took the policy out!!!!! Now I will be out of pocket for various admin fees and cancellations fees or risk driving around with third party only insurance.

Recommendations would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

#5 · (Edited)
I think to be fair there were two key changes you wanted to do ... change of vehicle type from "conversion in progress" to "camper van" AND 3rd party to comp cover.

the issue was not changing to campervan cover but from 3rd party to comprehensive cover by the sound of it?
getting cover for a conversion in progress is simple but changing policy type could be a lot trickier and likely easier to just start off fully comp and avoid inevitable admin fees as chances are will be different underwriters used.
Just my theory anyway

#6 ·
I can totally understand the issue with upgrading from 3rd party to fully comp, but the lady I spoke to knew that was my intention when I took out the policy and it wasn't highlighted to me then. Oh well, you live and learn.

On the plus side, I have managed to cancel the AF policy and have a shiny new one with A-Plan thanks to Dan.

Highly recommended, lovely to chat to and understood all my concerns.

I guess I hope not to need to the insurance, but hope to put a face to a name at an upcoming show :)

#7 ·
Hi,
I'm really sorry and surprised that we couldn't help with this scenario. I appreciate that you have now moved to A-Plan which is fine however I would very much appreciate it if you would be so kind as to e-mail your details so i can see where and why this went wrong for you.
Regards,
Dan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.