VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Smev 9222 Fitting

11K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  djt91 
#1 ·
Got my smev 9222 used it as a template then measured in 10mm all the way around for the cut line just hope that this is enough for mounting it anybody know any different :*

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah I ended up with that kind of shape last night on a cardboard attempt as was measuring all different measurements around it for the hinges and all to get the best mount but then just thought 10mm all the way around would be fine and a hell of a lot easier to cut out T:

#6 ·
Yeah the four corners will be left for the screws and the two lugs also for the other two going to get some cardboard and test it first as don't want to mess this up and make a trip to the shop without the wife finding out H:

#7 ·
Hey Robbo. I recently fitted one of those myself. It isnt too difficult one you get your head round the dimensioned drawing in the manual. I just marked up the worktop from the measurements in there, double checked them, tripple checked them, then cut it out. One thing I did notice was that the corners need to be rebaited (7ish mm i think?! i used a router...) to allow the unit to mount properly and sit flush. Seems like a bit of an unnecessary design feature really but, to my relief it all worked out in the end... phew! Bit of a shame smev are such tight bu*@ers that they dont include a full size template eh!

#10 ·
Cheers yeah vans looking good there mate yeah I was imagining the rebaits would have been deeper so was good to see them on yours be a case of take a bit off and check then keep at it till it fits but got a starting point more or less T:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.