VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Brentacre

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jimmyw 
#1 ·
Hi,
I’ve just purchased my first VW van a 2009 T28 SWB 102PS PV.
The only modifications I intend doing this year is removing the bulkhead, installing extra windows, lining the van with carpet and possibly build a homemade bench to sleep on.
I have max no claims on my car insurance (20 yrs), although my present car insurance only shows 5 years.
Brentacre has quoted me £489.95, just wondering what others thought of this price.

Many thanks
Ian

#3 ·
Ian, this are is a mine field.......... have a good search on here and you will find the answers somewhere.

Most company's wont touch you for van insurance if you are a private indavidual, and most will only class it as a camper when your reach there criteria. We went with Brentacre in the end, yes it cost us a little more but the policy suits us whilst we do the conversion over the next twelve months.

#4 ·
I'm just in the process of taking out a camper conversion policy with "Trinity Lane" through Adrian Flux for my 2008 T5 LWB van. ( picking it up this week ). Phone them and ask for Lewis of the gold team. He was very patient and talked me through the cover item by item. I got the impression that they really had time for their customers and there was no hint that they were trying to hurry me unlike other companies. In fact several other big names didn't even get back to me. I got a reasonable quote including the option of full RAC UK & Euro breakdown cover for £85.00 if I wanted it. It can't hurt to give him a call.

Jimmy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.