VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Harsh engine Vibration when boost comes in after remap.

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Thirstybus 
#1 ·
Van is a 2011 84ps .

Had it from New and at around 80k miles I got it remapped by Thor racing in Coventry and DPF hollowed out. Apparently another company remapped it on their behalf. Might have been elite remaps.
If I had know this at the time I would have used a pendle agent.

Anyway after being mapped it was obviously a lot quicker and more torquey.

When boost comes in on gears 4 and 5 at around 1800-2100rpm the van vibrates quite harshly as torque increases and then goes away after those revs. Only does it on wide open throttle when engine is under load.

I came to the conclusion it was the DMF. At 95k miles I had a new clutch nd dmf put in. The old clutch was almost gone and dmf did have twice the amount of acceptable play. Good call.

Anyway the vibration is still there. It nevers gets any worse and always does it in 4th and 5th gear.

I can only think it's either the engine mounts or maybe the exhaust. Never did it before the remap but did after. Maybe it's the remap.

Anyone else experienced this?
I can live with it but rather sort it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Its due to incorrect tuning and torque coming in to strong and hard... These 84bhp & 102bhp models have the 5speed gearbox which is weaker than the 6speed gearbox...

These engines will produce 400Nm & 2000rpm but it will trash the box in no time at all... These 5speed gearbox need max torque at around 360Nm produced at 2700rpm and not 2000rpm...

Hope this helps

Regards
Martin
PendlePerformance

#9 ·
I think Pendleton Performance sound like they have it but, I changed petrol filter on my T5 and it cured a bad vibration under load. I guess fuel starvation was causing my issue. Only thing different was it covered in 3rd 4th 5th and 6th gear, wasn't noticeable in 1st and 2nd. Hope u get it sorted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.