Old 15-04-12, 20:45
Lord of the T4s
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: alfa seats in

I've got these alfa 156 seats in the dark grey/ blue leather they are awesome seats but I'd love a red set.
Old 15-04-12, 21:52
Van Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear101 View Post
I've got these alfa 156 seats in the dark grey/ blue leather they are awesome seats but I'd love a red set.
You do see Alfa 156 seats going in red leather here and there. I agree, they look nice.

I just secured a pair of leather A4 seats today, for 25 quid. Picking them up midweek. They're not pristine, so am going to sus them out when I see them and try seeing what they look like sitting on my bases before I start drilling holes.
Alfa seats were my first choice, but they tend to require quite a lot of cash these days.

I'll be letting my two captain's seats go once I've got new seats in. Hoping to recoup a bit of cash through that.

These A4 seats are all electric, heated and they're two tone leather - grey and black. I reckon changing the seats is a really good mod on T4s. Makes a lot of difference to the van.
Old 16-04-12, 12:42
Van Master Jedi

here are mine before:

and fitted:

Old 16-04-12, 17:29
Van Jedi

Must say, they're nice seats.

Makes me wonder if I'm doing the right thing fitting these Audi ones.......

They look spot on, in my opinion mate. Really nice
Old 16-04-12, 19:00
More than a little van obsessed
I Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesOfficial MemberVW Transporter

alfa seats are well comfy . we have alfa GT seats in ours , grey leather , got them brand new off ebay for 200 notes . had the r&r bed covered to match too

British Short Hair Cats Clicky
Old 17-04-12, 22:34
Van Jedi

I'm an idiot.
I picked up these Audi seats tonight. Did it in a rush, they were only 25 quid so I didn't bother too much looking them over, it was a dark lock up and was in a hurry.
Got them back here earlier, started to look over them. They're not A4 seats at all.
They're A3, same as the Mark 4 Golf. Central runner and wheels on the outside rear that are supposed to sit in what I think were welded in runners.
Not a clue how I'd go about fitting them in the van, to be honest

They are really, really nice seats. I went for them because of the colour. The grey and black goes really well in the van too, as I thought it would. I whipped the passenger Captain seat out this morning so I stuck one of the seats on the base when I got them back and it looks great. Sickening really.

I reckon I'd have to get around the outer runners somehow, but even then, the bases would need lowering a few inches because they sit high.
I need to look at them in the cold light of day tomorrow, but first impressions are that it's a complete no no.
Would be major, major fabrication time, at best.

Anyone tried to fit these seats before? Advice appreciated.
Anyone got an A3, a Mark 4 Golf or a Caddy that these would fit? They're nice seats. All electric, airbags, heated.
Old 21-04-12, 11:12
Lord of the T4s

Looks like its a cut and shut job, ok if you can weld and have a welder. If not it will cost you and you might as well pump them and get something that will fit with a little mod that you can do.
I fitted Saab, only needed a steel plate because mine is a early T4. The late T4 base is a drill and fit i think.
Love the look of the Alfa seats now, with the arm rest. I might have to have a look about for some down my way for the right cash.
Old 21-04-12, 11:59
Van Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Securityman View Post
Looks like its a cut and shut job, ok if you can weld and have a welder. If not it will cost you and you might as well pump them and get something that will fit with a little mod that you can do.
I fitted Saab, only needed a steel plate because mine is a early T4. The late T4 base is a drill and fit i think.
Love the look of the Alfa seats now, with the arm rest. I might have to have a look about for some down my way for the right cash.
Yeah, I think the Saab are an easier fit, but I prefer the Alfa myself too.

Paisley Freight do car seats for 20 each, or 30 the pair, which I reckon is reasonable if you spot a decent pair of seats that are cheap enough to warrant the courier cost.

Link in case you haven't got it mate
https://www.paisleyfreight.com/?sour...FcwTfAodeQNaxQ

I'm a muppet basically for buying the Audi seats
I'm usually dead careful about buying stuff, but I jumped in with these without doing the research properly.
I'm a bit furstrated because lack of funds has been hampering my progress on the van, and thought I'd spotted a good deal. But it's going to end up costing me more money, because I didn't check it out first properly. Same old story of woe I'm afraid

Tags
alfa seats