VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Volkswagon T4 Engine Specifications

14K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Babar 
#1 ·
Hi, I've been googling like crazy, and can't seem to find geniune figures on the specs of the T4. I did come across wikipedia, but that wasn't much use for the things I was looking for.

For starts, my father used to own a T4. It was a 1.9TDI, yet on wikipedia, it says no 1.9TDI was ever made... Only a 1.9TD. I wanted to know where I could find all the specifications for all the engine sizes for the T4.

I also wanted to know the 0-60 times, the top speeds, and the min, average and max MPG the engines would do.

I would usally look on autotrader or parkers.co.uk for car specifications, but they seem to have excluded vans. Can anyone guide me in the right directions?

Thanks!

#7 ·
Hi, I tried the link and all I can see is

"Zonet, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
Any advice?

#6 ·
So wait, are you seriously telling me that my old mans van was only 60HP? To be more clear, it was a "S" reg 1998 model that he bought brand new from the dealership. Not sure if thats any help.

It also had a very rare sound to the engine, it just sount very differenet from all the other diesel T4's I heard.

#8 ·
Pay 10 euro if you want to access. Or trust me. If yours is 1.9 from 98, it's a 68hp actually.

1.9D and 1.9TD are 4 cylinder indirect injection engines.
2.4D is 5 cylinder indirect injection engine.
2.5TDI 88, 102 and 150 hp are 5cylinder direct injection engine.

VAG made the 1.9TDI (so, direct injection) but never put it in the T4.
;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.