Notices

Old 02-12-16, 10:03
Lord of the T6s
I Support MacmillanOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

There is no choice - all insurance companies use claims managers. You might be able to do some stuff yourself but unless you have real masochistic tendencies you are unlikely to enjoy the experience

I have had a couple of bumps in the lsat 6 years, one NF and one minor one down to me. Both times ERS were the actual insurers and their claims manages were OK enough. Yes lots of others tried to muscle in but just tell them to sling their hooks.

Saying nothing doesn't mean I have no opinion.
It may mean I don't think you are ready to hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-16, 14:45
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

Update... from this afternoon

I have screwed up a bit, in a knee-jerk I applied to small claims then spoke to the Legal Ombudsman.

Slater Gordon are defending the case in the small claims, I have no idea what this means. They have denied all knowledge in their defence, and said they have no responsibility, which is a climb down from what they said to the Financial Ombudsman.

The Legal ombudsman are looking into it to - I can't see how they won't end up with the same conclusion as the Financial Ombudsman and I'll be back to square one.

Stuck.

And royally fu*ked off.

Anyone out there got legal experience willing to give me a bit of advice - I really don't want to have to shell out any money to deal with these jeb-ends.
Old 06-01-17, 12:48
Old Git in a T4

T4 Post Icon Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

I have moved my T4 insurance to Dan at APLAN and I have just taken out insurance for my Honda Jazz with APLAN.

I had to phone Adrian Flux to tell them not to renew my policy and, of course, the young lady asked me why I wasn't renewing as they could probably match any quote that I had had.

So, I had to say that I have never had any problem with Adrian Flux but that I couldn't ignore this thread on the T4 forum and that Flux were probably losing a lot of customers because of it..

She said that she would get her supervisor to read it..

Old 06-01-17, 18:17
Van Guru

I feel bad that AF are loosing business but this has been to the top of the company and they don't give a monkeys.

Had a heart stopping letter just before Christmas from the County Court which I mis-read as saying the case was going to Full Court proceedings - so I become liable for costs on both sides if I loose - meaning I have to spend to put my case forward. If I pull out I'm liable for their costs so far

Luckily we are not there yet and I had mis-understood. I'll stop there for now.

Happy New Year Everyone!

We started the year with some A*hole sticking a screwdriver in our Berlingo door and nicking my wifes handbag. AXA have it stitched up too - 100 excess for stolen goods (max 300 value) 100 excess to have the door fixed, then loss of NCB and our Policy goes up by 400. Costing us 600 - in hindsight it would have been cheaper not to claim.
Old 07-01-17, 14:09
Old Git in a T4

T4 Post Icon Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmac View Post
I feel bad that AF are loosing business but this has been to the top of the company and they don't give a monkeys.

Had a heart stopping letter just before Christmas from the County Court which I mis-read as saying the case was going to Full Court proceedings - so I become liable for costs on both sides if I loose - meaning I have to spend to put my case forward. If I pull out I'm liable for their costs so far

Luckily we are not there yet and I had mis-understood. I'll stop there for now.

Happy New Year Everyone!

We started the year with some A*hole sticking a screwdriver in our Berlingo door and nicking my wifes handbag. AXA have it stitched up too - 100 excess for stolen goods (max 300 value) 100 excess to have the door fixed, then loss of NCB and our Policy goes up by 400. Costing us 600 - in hindsight it would have been cheaper not to claim.
Didn't think you had much crime in Cornwall...

Last edited by Yellow Campervan; 07-01-17 at 14:14.
Old 18-01-17, 01:16
Van Man

T5 Post Icon Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

Reading this all and getting more and more horrified.

But I have my own experience with AF to tell you about:

A few years ago (2012???) I had car (as opposed to van) insured via AF.
Less than a month in the policy got a call from AF telling me that the underwriter has decided that I actually live at my old address.
Therefore my policy is cancelled and they (AF) will keep decent chunk of money to themselves for the hassle.

I tried to reason with them:
- the old property is empty (could prove it if they would come for a visit, could pop in after work); I had an 'empty property discount' from the council
- electricity meter readings can prove nobody living in
- had an annual train season ticket from my new address (50-odd miles away from the old place) to London. Who will pay 4k for season ticket so they can then have an elaborate ruse to have 100 off their insurance?
- our HR team could confirm that I notified them of address change prior to that happening.
- the new location's council tax bill now stipulated no single person discount (i.e. my other half had it until I moved in)
- driving license address, bank statements and credit card bills address, etc
- etc, etc.

AF told me in no uncertain terms that wasn't their problem and they will not take it with the underwriter.

After a lot of arguing and threats (ombudsman, social media, etc) I asked them to cancel my policy as if I never had it (ergo I did not have cover for the 3 weeks since the policy start) and got full refund. Luckily Aviva were understanding and they did not consider the situation as if I have had insurance previously refused.

Seems nothing has changed since ...

Drmac - if you are coming anytime soon to East Sussex I will buy you a pint and give you a hug (hug optional).
Old 26-01-17, 09:57
Van Rookie

So, just spent a long time reading through this thread. Why?

Yellow T4, lady drinking coffee drives into the back of it whilst my OH is waiting to turn left into work.
Damage to both rear doors, bumper and tow-bar (ex-AA).
Steve at VW Connections estimated 1600 for repairs (without seeing it) so assumed off to repair shop for work and van back in a week or two...

How wrong was I?

Insured through AF, passed to Slater Gordon.

Techreports value our van (52-plate) at 2840.50 despite alloys, tinted rear windows, insulated/lined back, rock-n-roll bed, aftermarket lights and stereo.

Not found out the quoted repair bill but it must be high as they want to write it off!!!

Hopefully we don't have the same saga as what is in this thread, but not confident....

Drmac - any advice from going through this would be appreciated. All we want is the van back with repairs completed. It wasn't like the whole back was stoved-in and it was only the bottom of the doors that was pushed in slightly. No obvious damage to the bumper, other than it dropping slightly on the off-side, although I realise there can be hidden damage.

Everything is at an early stage for now, so not getting too down on it, despite what I have read here. Hopefully with receipts and examples of similar vehicles, the valuation will be increased, so it isn't beyond economical repair...

Oh, and hoping the van is still in Bodmin and not on its way to Bristol.....
Old 26-01-17, 09:59
Van Rookie

Forgot to mention....

Also have an agreed value on the policy, not sure if that sways things....
Old 26-01-17, 14:05
Van Rookie

I tried to get a quote from AF yesterday on a 2003 T4 2.5 TDI 88bhp. I'm 29, licence held for 9 years, 7 years no claims...and the quote I got was 2000...complete nonsense.
Old 28-01-17, 09:02
Van Rookie

BTW - Apologies for hijacking this thread. Admins - want me to start a new thread??

Anyway. Bit of an update.

So, tecreports "valued" the van at 2840.50. Have spoke to the repair centre, who have quoted 2740 for repairs. Does anybody know the threshold for beyond economical repair? Is it a percentage of the value, and if you go over this it is written-off?? They are still refusing to speak to me, despite being named on the policy. Apparently they need authorisation....

Following the OP's vehicle going off to Bristol, I have also instructed the repair centre that I DO NOT, under any circumstances, give consent for my vehicle to leave their premises.

I must say that Adrian Flux staff have been fantastic in this matter, compared to S.G./TR. It appears that the agreed-value is not in place this year (documents didn't reach them apparently, so assumed we didn't want it), but as we have had it every year up till now they are happy to see receipts to demonstrate value.

In theory the plan is this, and we are quietly confident that we will achieve it -
1. Get techreports to assess the vehicle again (got a feeling that they haven't even looked at the van in person), increasing the value.
2. Provide receipts / examples of similar vehicles to demonstrate "market value", not book-price.
3. Get repairs completed, van back home....

We shall see, but if anyone is knowledgeable in "beyond economical repair" I'd love a response...

Tags
adrian flux, motorplus, slater gordon, tec reports, valuation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in