Notices

Old 01-08-16, 11:54
Van Pro
Official MemberVW Transporter

party Deposit down, totally blown our budget! 2012 T5.1 180 Sportline

Been looking for months. Did put a deposit down on a 2011 T5.1 140ps, with a 99% complete conversion. But we lost faith with delays, increased costs etc so we pulled out. Started looking again and found it hard to find the right van with the right spec. Arranged to see two at the weekend. The first one at 26k and not too far north of us. 140ps with 105k miles. Aircon, cruise, sporty bumpers, solar panels, bike rack and loads of extra's including blow up awning, satelite dish etc etc. Issues: no head rests on the seats in the back, no crash test cert on them, two single captains up front where we needed the double passenger. So needed to factor in 3k to swap all that lot out. But all other boxes were ticked, quality of the conversion was ok, van looked the part, drove great and really liked the owners. About to pull the trigger on the deal and was told mistake in the price, it's now 28k! With the cost of replacing the seats this now put this van in the crosshairs of the one we fell in love with in the pictures but half discounted it because it was over budget. But on the back of that disappointment and being almost half way there already, we got back in the car and started the drive up there........

Pulled up and it was love at first sight. Finally got those butterflies in my stomach, you know the ones you get when you spot what appears to be the perfect car/van. Was missing that from the previous one. Head said it was good, heart... But this one

The guy was a joiner by trade and an obvious perfectionist. The quality of the conversion was a different league. And so much thought gone into all the extra's and positioning. And no expense spared. Seemed they just opted for top of the range everything - Reimo Rock and Roll bed, all retrimmed in real leather with fancy stitching and embroidery. HiLo roof with the scenic option. LPG heater, water heater, Kenwood double din with reverse camera, external BBQ point, hook up etc hidden etc etc. The list goes on. And any work he didn't do himself, such as electrics, LPG etc, he took to the manufacturers to do, not some local company on the cheap, drove all around the UK ensuring the best job was carried out. And the van? Looks so good in black and the sleek popup roof.... Even like the wheels even though they are just 18's. Only disappointment is there is very little for me to do to it Well apart from solar panel on the roof I think.

So that was it, heart was totally in it, nothing we could do but to put down a deposit and start counting down the days to collect. My head did put up a bit of a fight. The whole scare around the 180's and their engine issues. My research concluded in the main this issue only affected vans built in 2010 and early 2011. Now although this van was registered Mar 2012, I'm fully aware that isn't the build date. However calls to 3 separate VW dealers and two Van Centres on route but no luck finding out the build date. Our intention was to go away and find out the build date for definite today, then if confirmed a 2012 build (or late 2011) put down the deposit over the phone. However with another viewer planned we just couldn't bear the risk of losing it so called on our way back and put a deposit down Picking it up tomorrow

So yeah, blown our budget! Originally we were looking at spending less than 20k, then that got over 25k and now we've breached the 30k mark!! But you know what, we've got one that is perfect for us, no compromises and one we could now see us keeping for many years (rather than the original plan of buying cheaper, then upgrade if we determine we will use it a lot) I'm sure we will

Right enough waffle, here are some pictures, wish us luck, I will be on the forum a lot, will attend events (first one will be a day trip to Busfest next month) so hope to talk and maybe meet some of you soon.

Last edited by M@r]{; 01-08-16 at 15:11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-16, 15:03
Van Master Jedi

Default Re: Deposit down, totally blown our budget! 2012 T5.1 180 Sportline

Very Nice. Thats a smart looking conversion Hope you enjoy it
Old 02-08-16, 06:24
Van Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard redfern View Post
Very Nice. Thats a smart looking conversion Hope you enjoy it
Thanks Picking it up today after work, getting quite excited

Old 02-08-16, 14:13
Van Jedi

T5 Post Icon Re: Deposit down, totally blown our budget! 2012 T5.1 180 Sportline

looks very nice. I bet you didn't get much work done today. Enjoy
Old 02-08-16, 15:56
Van Pro

Damm! That looks smart.
Old 02-08-16, 21:45
Van Man

Why was he selling that... it looks stunning!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 14-08-16, 22:14
Van Expert

T5 Post Icon Re: Deposit down, totally blown our budget! 2012 T5.1 180 Sportline

Stunning!!!!! Enjoy
Old 20-09-16, 11:11
Van Guru

Where is the R&R from mate? Looks good and I'm looking around for something similar.
Old 28-10-16, 04:24
Van Expert

What a stunning bus - hope you enjoy every minute of it.
Old 20-11-16, 18:04
Van Expert

Our budget went out of the window too.
Your van is lovely. Enjoy using it.

Tags
180, hilo scenic, lwb, sportline, t32

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in