Notices

Old 16-07-12, 10:08
Van Man

T4 Post Icon Re: Decode Your Chassis Number

I got my letter from DVLA last week advising of same thing "discrepancy" between V5 and VIN provided by MOT I had my van put through.
Sure enough the van and MOT say WV1 but V5 says WV2. I've completed form they sent me and returned. Not TOO concerned as the tester is a T4 nut and knows the vans inside out however what has concerned me is that I have the previous MOT certificate from last year when previous keeper took it in and THAT certificate states WV2!!!

Could something dodgy be going on here with the previous garage, the WV1 VIN is clearly stamped under the windscreen and easily visible on the sticker when you lift the bonnet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-07-12, 11:50
Van Jedi

Default Re: Decode Your Chassis Number

Sent me a letter back to tell me all was fine and a new mot certificate but no new log book. Maybe that was because i said i wanted to register it as a motorhome but never got round to it yet. Saying all that the dvla are issuing new logbooks for every vehicle in the uk due to stolen certificates.
Old 17-07-13, 10:34
Van Rookie

Default Re: Decode Your Chassis Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenTazz View Post
If you are looking for the suspension production (PR) code it will be on the data sheet...

OJ1 = reduced payload (800 and 888 Specials) and lowered suspension
OJ2 = standard payload (1000kg)
OJ3 = increased payload (1200kg)

These production codes will refer to spring weights, torsion bar and antiroll bar thickness, but by now most suppliers will only sell
heavy duty 1200kg rear springs or quality lowering springs, due to their tendancy to break.

800's and 888's have the thinnest front antiroll bar and no rear roll bar, whilst some 1000's, 1200's and Caravelles came with a rear roll bar fitted. However, the factory rear springs for OJ1 and OJ2 vans are the same, but 1000kg vans have a thicker front antiroll bar.

However, if your van is lowered beyond factory spec then there are no values for setting the wheel alignment, so you're probably best to start with all four wheels aligned at the OJ1 spec, and go from there. By the way, having the tyre pressures spot on will make any alignment check more accurate.
Hi All,

Can someone please help with the vehicle payload codes. I have a 1995 2.4D LWB Transporter. The insurance are trying to classify it with a 1000 or 1200 model number but I can't find this information anywhere on the log book.

Where can I find this information?

Thanks

Alistair

Tags
buyers guide, decode, ordering parts, vital statistics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.