Notices

Old 31-10-16, 12:49
Van Man

Default Market trader van insurance.....help!!!

Hi folks putting this post up in desperation really,looking for any advice or help from other members or any of the insurance companies who advertise/ use this site as I'm struggling to get anywhere near a sensible quote from van insurance search engines.
I am a market trader running a 2014 T5 T28 swb 102,totally standard van (although I would like to put some wheels on at a later date)
I need fully comp insurance for social domestic etc and going to and from a place of work,i.e. Which ever market I'm working ( I only travel to work 3 times a week) I only cover 8000 miles per year.
I'm 47 years old with a full clean uk licence and over 20 years without a claim.
I don't wish to insure the goods in the vehicle just the van,I'm not keen on any excess but I can't believe the prices I'm being quoted,so far the best price I've had has been in excess of 600!!
Are other members having similar problems or is it just me as I'm a market trader??
My insurance is due in a couple of weeks so hopefully I have a bit of time to sort something out,many thanks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-10-16, 13:29
T5 2.5TDi LWB CamperShuttle
Official TraderVW Transporter

Default Re: Market trader van insurance.....help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebba View Post
Hi folks putting this post up in desperation really,looking for any advice or help from other members or any of the insurance companies who advertise/ use this site as I'm struggling to get anywhere near a sensible quote from van insurance search engines.
I am a market trader running a 2014 T5 T28 swb 102,totally standard van (although I would like to put some wheels on at a later date)
I need fully comp insurance for social domestic etc and going to and from a place of work,i.e. Which ever market I'm working ( I only travel to work 3 times a week) I only cover 8000 miles per year.
I'm 47 years old with a full clean uk licence and over 20 years without a claim.
I don't wish to insure the goods in the vehicle just the van,I'm not keen on any excess but I can't believe the prices I'm being quoted,so far the best price I've had has been in excess of 600!!
Are other members having similar problems or is it just me as I'm a market trader??
My insurance is due in a couple of weeks so hopefully I have a bit of time to sort something out,many thanks.....
Have a word with Dan from A-Plan. I am insured with them and my cover includes trading at Events & Festivals. It sounds like your trading is a fair bit more frequent then mine, but not sure if there is a limit to number of events, so definately worth a call to him.
Can't recall if the vehicle cover includes goods in transit, but a lot of Market Trader public liability insurance policies include loss of goods as well as the liability cover anyway (I think mine does? I really need to check this )

Oh. They only insure modified vans, but that mod can be as simple as changing wheels, so you will be ok there long as you change SOMETHING!

Radio Fitting Kits HERE
My T5 Shuttle Build Thread

Last edited by Hoovie; 31-10-16 at 13:32.
Old 31-10-16, 15:23
Van Man

jawdropping Re: Market trader van insurance.....help!!!

Wow ......... emailed Dan at Aplan who is away on holiday but had a reply fromPual at Aplan who was happy to give me a quote........After waiting on the phone for 40 mins I was totally staggered to be told 900 is the best they can offer.............me thinks the world is going mad😵😵😵😵 I think I may have to swap my beloved T5 for a Rolls Royce or a Maserati as I'm sure the insurance would be less.........not holding out much hope now

Old 31-10-16, 15:43

Quote:
Wow ......... emailed Dan at Aplan who is away on holiday but had a reply fromPual at Aplan who was happy to give me a quote........After waiting on the phone for 40 mins I was totally staggered to be told 900 is the best they can offer.............me thinks the world is going mad😵😵😵😵 I think I may have to swap my beloved T5 for a Rolls Royce or a Maserati as I'm sure the insurance would be less.........not holding out much hope now
Sorry to hear that mine is a lot lot less, but I live in the back of beyond, where 17 year olds only pay 600, not 6,000 so that is probably the major difference.
Are there any "Market Trader" forums or facebook groups around where someone in the same situation could suggest a suitable company?

Radio Fitting Kits HERE
Old 31-10-16, 16:29
Van Man

Maybe I should just move nearer to you Hoovie lol...... thanks for the help 👍👍👍
Old 31-10-16, 16:32
Lord of the T4s

Post codes affect the price of insurance a lot. Im in a good area but paying around the price you have quoted.
Old 01-11-16, 12:33
Trade Member

Quote:
Hi,

Have you tried us for insurance yet? If you wanted to PM me I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Dan
Old 02-11-16, 12:15
Van Man

Hi Dan I mailed you and got a reply from Paul who said you were on holiday,he gave me the above mentioned quote of 900 at which I am flabbergasted..... Not sure if you can help???
Old 02-11-16, 12:51

Quote:
Hi Dan I mailed you and got a reply from Paul who said you were on holiday,he gave me the above mentioned quote of 900 at which I am flabbergasted..... Not sure if you can help???
Different Dan

(by common law of 1958, all insurance brokers must be called Dan )

Radio Fitting Kits HERE
Old 02-11-16, 18:22
Van Man

Well I'm very confused then because I PM Dan through his link at the top of his comment and I got a reply from someone called Paul??????????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in