Notices

Old 03-11-16, 18:31
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default 1st Trip abroad advice needed

Hello,
My wife and I have been threatening to try and drive to Spain for a long time so we bit the bullet and booked the tunnel crossing for the middle 2 weeks in June so now I need to make some sort of plan and to be honest we won't be too bothered if we don't actually get to Spain so long as we visit a few places and have a good time,hopefully this will then set us up for future visits to Spain.
Any advice on where to stay,which route,anything I need to buy,and what is the ACSI card or pass that I have come across in quite a few posts.

Thanks for looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-16, 10:03
Van Pro

Default Re: 1st Trip abroad advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandi View Post
Hello,
My wife and I have been threatening to try and drive to Spain for a long time so we bit the bullet and booked the tunnel crossing for the middle 2 weeks in June so now I need to make some sort of plan and to be honest we won't be too bothered if we don't actually get to Spain so long as we visit a few places and have a good time,hopefully this will then set us up for future visits to Spain.
Any advice on where to stay,which route,anything I need to buy,and what is the ACSI card or pass that I have come across in quite a few posts.

Thanks for looking.
Hi Mate,

Me and the family spent two weeks driving round Europe for the first time ever this year posted some stuff on here:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1016482

The Sanef toll thing was worth the money in my opinion and you get charged a month later which was good. Make sure you have all the stuff you need legally HI vis breathalyser etc etc

Any questions I can help with just ask

Cheers

Matt
Old 18-11-16, 21:19
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

T5 Post Icon Re: 1st Trip abroad advice needed

Hi Gandi - the ASCI card is a discount camping card which is good in the off-season but not much use in the summer. If you have a look at the AA or RAC websites they will advise you about what to take when motoring in Europe- HiVis vests, safety triangles(x2 in Spain) etc. As to routes and where to stop, you need to be more specific about what you intend to do or see - do you have time to use N- routes or are you limited on time so need to use motorways? Lots of people here have travelled around Europe and could give good advice if you ask more specific questions.
Andy

Old 01-12-16, 20:55
Van Rookie

Default Re: 1st Trip abroad advice needed

we went first time this year,,but we had 6 weeks ,, and needed it big country france,,,as other posts say aa or rac give tips on all you need,,, never touched a toll road so , can't comment, however so much to see of them,,, i got as far as torrejevieca,,, loads of great sites on spanish coast ,,, nearly always next to the beach, , ,,infrance we made full use of the acsi card ,,, got it of the camping and caravan club ,,, what asaver,,the roads everywhere were fantastic ,,,went to oradour san glan ,,, a must visit,,, the loire valley great ,,samaur,,, camped on an island on the river ,,,we never made plans just went with the weather ,, saying that missus fell in love with normandy,, honfleur,,, well so pituresque,, so much to see in france just fill up and go ,, you will love it ,, best of luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in