Notices

Old 09-11-16, 19:05
Van Man

Default Insurance, Who do you use?

Hi all, I am ready to get my van officially classified as a camper, I thought I would get an insurance quote before I went ahead. tried both Doleman and Stuart, both company's will not insure me as the internal height of my van is below 1.8M.

Does anyone have a T5 without a poptop insured as campervan, if so, who with?

At the moment I have spent thousands of euro on my van and I wont be able to insure it, that's not even counting the evil VRT

Any other advice greatly appreciated, sorting all this out is making my head melt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-16, 08:47
Literally, white van man
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesI Support Cancer Research UKOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: Insurance, Who do you use?

In the past I have used Bentacre (Under writer Markerstudy) and am currently with Adrian Flux (Under writer Equity Red Star) but am due to renew at the beginning of December.

I have a modified T4 with full camper interior and registered with DVLA as Motorcaravan. (internal height less than 1.8m)

I have NOT had to make a claim on either policy so couldn't comment on service after the initial quote and setting up of the policy.

Chris

'There's a lot to be said for understatement'
Old 10-11-16, 20:56
Trade Member
Official TraderVW Transporter

Hi,
At present we can only insure certain Northern Ireland post codes. We don't have the facility to write business in the Republic of Ireland I'm afraid.
Regards,
Dan.

Last edited by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX; 09-12-16 at 09:07.

Old 10-11-16, 21:58
Lord of the T4s

Hello Mancdel,

mightn't be much use to you in Contae Sligeach but I'm with this outfit:

http://www.kerrgroup.co.uk/

They at least do Campervan/Motorhome but it might be just Norn Iron.

I tried Dolmen who are Dublin based but do cover all Ireland but wanted me to join some Motorcaravan club for a bit of discount but I couldn't be ar5ed.

Kerr group were excellent to deal with. You don't have to take their recovery insurance if you don't want it but I got it offa someone else.
Old 09-12-16, 03:23
Van Man

Anyone from the south got any info on this?
Old 19-12-16, 19:53
Van Expert

Hi there,

I had the same problem last year and I had to join the Motorcaravan Club of Ireland to get insured, they obtain insurance from Allianz but you have to purchase it through a Richardson Insurance Brokers as they are the only one the club deals with. Check out the club website for the details and if you have an other questions pop up a post and I will try and help.

One thing to remember, I tried to insure my daughter who is 19, full licence, no points, claims or convictions, named driver on another car policy and NO ONE would insure her on a campervan because she is under 25.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Steve.
Old 20-12-16, 21:22
Van Jedi

as far as i know ,its through the motorcaravan club and richardsons as steve has said. cost 70 euro a year to join,they will send acessor to look over the criteria of the van,and then its roughly 350 per year. hope this helps you. cheers, carol.
Old 25-01-17, 19:33
Van Jedi

hello all, just want to put out some feelers and see whats what about insurance, specifically in the republic of ireland. There are 3 companies who will insure campers, allianz, axa and aviva, all through brokers, of these only allianz will insure vans without a pop top as the others want 1.8m internal height, incase they get sued for banging your head!! The allianz is only run for members of a motor caravan club,which is 70 quid to join on top of the insurance premium.no join,no insure
Question, is there any company from the uk who would be willing or able to offer insurance for vans in ireland withou the need for pop tops, which cost min 5000 to install here!! Carroll Nash do insurance here but not for vans,also any one living in the north of ireland can insure with the 3 companies here but we cant use uk companies???? any representatives on here from insurance companies wish to get on board??? cheers carol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in