Notices

Old 24-06-11, 22:11
Van Jedi

Default Re: New VRT Regulations

Good write up there.Still looks like a complete pain in the specially if you have to fork out 1500 - 2000 Vrt. Maybe worth it if you tend to sell it on as a camper.

Just looked through your build blog your van looks very similar to my own. Where did you get the bike rack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-06-11, 22:16
Lord of the T4s
I Support CLIC Sargent

A mate of mine contacted the VRT office in Wexford today and they didn't have a clue. Even the office manager never heard of it
Old 04-07-11, 21:53
Van Rookie

Lads,

sorry to but in on this thread but maybe you can clarify something for me. I am hearing that if you convert a Caravelle into a camper that it will not be liable for VRT on the basis that the VRT already paid on it as a "car" is greater than the amount of vrt now due as a camper. For example, a 2002 Caravelle would have had VRT paid at the rate of 30% when bought new. That would have amounted to 5 or 6 grand. The amount of vrt that the camper conversion would be now liable for on the same vehicle would be approx 13% of its current omsp which would amount to about 850. So therefore the VRT would not be levied on the camper conversion.
Has anyone converted a Caravelle into a camper and if so were you charged vrt ??

Thanks.

Old 05-07-11, 03:46
Looney Toon
Official MemberVW Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan View Post
Lads,

sorry to but in on this thread but maybe you can clarify something for me. I am hearing that if you convert a Caravelle into a camper that it will not be liable for VRT on the basis that the VRT already paid on it as a "car" is greater than the amount of vrt now due as a camper. For example, a 2002 Caravelle would have had VRT paid at the rate of 30% when bought new. That would have amounted to 5 or 6 grand. The amount of vrt that the camper conversion would be now liable for on the same vehicle would be approx 13% of its current omsp which would amount to about 850. So therefore the VRT would not be levied on the camper conversion.
Has anyone converted a Caravelle into a camper and if so were you charged vrt ??
That is correct. I'm in the process of converting my Caravelle to a camper, so I can't confirm it yet. Should the VRO however decide to want me to pay VRT on my Caravelle (based on camper conversion), I'll even have the receipt of payment for VRT at 36% 2 years ago.

The issue with VRT payments really only applies to commercial vehicles, as these were imported at 0% VRT (50 EUR fee). It's the same, if you added the seats back into one of those and reclassified as a car.

/M

Bunch of T4's and LT's, but most of it 4WD.
Old 05-07-11, 09:00
Van Rookie

Thanks for that Marlow. Would you let me know how you get on.
Has anyone else already gone this route and if so how did revenue deal with the vrt issue ?
Old 11-07-11, 21:42
Van Rookie

party Re: New VRT Regulations

Greetings All. When dealing with Revenue over the phone or in person ask for the VRT Section or VRT Officer(s). Each district has individuals trained in relation to VRT. If they don't know themselves or can't answer on the spot , they will find out for you from the CVO, Central Vehicle Office in Rosslare. Hope this helps with any queries. Also check out www.revenue.ie and www.ncts.ie/vrt for more questions & answers in relation to VRT classifications etc...
Old 13-08-11, 02:11
Lord of the T4s
I Support CLIC Sargent

Ok Guys this is official.

I contacted the VRO in Rosslare and they gave me the number of a company in Waterford that they recommended to do the vehicle check. If it passes the criteria on the website then send them the completed form from the assessor & your log book and they will contact you with a price for VRT.

And yes, the 1.8 meter rule IS GONE.

Have a van on the way to them next week. Also, talking to a gentleman who got his van assessed this week with the afore mentioned company.

http://www.irelandlookup.com/1045418...sociates/.aspx
Old 23-08-11, 22:43
Van Jedi

Have a look at the lads over on the type2ireland forum. They seem to be having some better luck getting answers and having their vans reclassified as campers. All the info is on the revenue site as linked in Dieselheads above post. But its all good, bye bye to the 1.8 rule. The Nct centers are now tasked with inspecting the vans for vcd purposes. As far as I know there is a small charge for changing a caravelle to camper
Old 16-11-11, 18:14
Van Master Jedi
Official MemberVW Transporter

I'm through this process and I have found the revenue people in Rosslare very helpful to deal with at all times. If I have a question I ring their valuation office on 053 9161250.

Just make sure the forms are completely filled out and with the correct vehicle classifications and EU bodywork category, if you don't, this delays the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
Greetings All. When dealing with Revenue over the phone or in person ask for the VRT Section or VRT Officer(s). Each district has individuals trained in relation to VRT. If they don't know themselves or can't answer on the spot , they will find out for you from the CVO, Central Vehicle Office in Rosslare. Hope this helps with any queries. Also check out www.revenue.ie and www.ncts.ie/vrt for more questions & answers in relation to VRT classifications etc...

Last edited by Bullet350; 07-02-12 at 21:10.
Old 08-02-12, 12:39
Van Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet350 View Post
I'm through this process and I have found the revenue people in Rosslare very helpful to deal with at all times. If I have a question I ring their valuation office on 053 9161250.

Just make sure the forms are completely filled out and with the correct vehicle classifications and EU bodywork category, if you don't, this delays the process.
Just wondering did anyone require two gas rings or would one be enough?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in