Notices

Old 29-08-11, 08:05
Van Master Jedi
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentHelp For Heroes

Default Re: Insurance, who you with??

2Gether Insurance

Fully Comp, Includes awning cover and 1 years free breakdown cover with recovery and home start for 240
Thats with 0 no claims bonus (they didn't ask for it) and i'm 34, think it was 185 without breakdown cover
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-11, 21:11
Van Rookie

New to forum. Have T4 1996, 1.9TD SWB. Part converted camper. Alloys, rock and roll bed, 1 x side window, bike rack etc...

Called 2gether insurance and get this- I have a 9 month booze ban (morning after job), and an accident in the last 5 years. Put my misses on as poposer and me as named. 350 fully comp with all the trimmings . One thing to mention, is that they put it on their lesuire policy- no commuting. Ask them for that when you speak to them. 34 years old, misses is 30 with no accidents or convictions.

Cover as follows-

1500 cover for break in
70 excess on glass
200 excess on all other claims
Break down cover
Key guard
Euro cover- 90 days

I may have just caught them on a good day but well worth a try. Ask for Gary when you call them, he was straight to the point but excellent.

Good luck.
Old 14-09-11, 17:37
Van Expert

T4 Post Icon Re: Insurance, who you with??

aviva

second car insurance,shared full no claims. 46 yrs old,1st car subaru impreza wrx.600,second vehicle t4 transporter 1.9td 800 special 274. declared under 4000 miles, alloys declared.unprotected ins as 1st car protected,2nd car borrowed ncd. introductory offer for 2 years.

Old 04-10-11, 21:23
Van Master Jedi

im 22 and brentacre was the best ( i searched the net over and bloody over )

880 fully comp with any mods, 4 years no claims, he said if i had five itll go down a hell of a lot

seen a few chaps on here with 5 ync and there on 300, why so pricey for a skint gardener

vwsurf
Old 05-10-11, 19:44
Van Guru

i was with CVD but when i rang to tell them about my mods my policy was cancelled on the spot as the current insurer wouldn't cover any mods, cant fault cvd themselves as they did try to help but unfortunately not much good for modified policies . now with adrian flux who were very helpful
Old 17-10-11, 16:31
Van Jedi

Just called 2gether insurance who beat my current renewal quote by 30 very very helpful but now I feel a bit tight on the young lady i spoke to because Sureteam match it so stayed with them. 235 on a 1997 T4 5k miles mods declared on homemade conversion. Not as cheap as some but not bad seeing as I live in a nightmare inner city postcode.

http://www.sureterm.com/contact

http://www.2getherinsurance.com/2get...chemes-42.aspx
Old 19-10-11, 22:31
Van Man

T4 Post Icon Re: Insurance, who you with??

23 years old 1 year NCB, licence held for 1 year, van lowerd, alloys and side windows ...REALLY STRUGGLED WITH INSURANCE!

i rang at least 50 insurance coumpanies includin Adrian flux (second cheapest) they wanted 1600 tpft and AVIVA did it for 780 fully comp!

for all you youngsters AVIVA, AVIVA, AVIVA!
Old 20-10-11, 12:53
aka...The Chaos

As above have mentioned speak to Gary at 2gether ins i'm 37 girlfriend 31 225 plus a extra 65 for break down on a leisure policy
Old 22-10-11, 08:03
Van Rookie

Tried Adrian Flux, won't insure me cos I live in my caravan even though have permanent address! Don't like being penalised for how i live, moved in for 6 months to let son his wife and new baby have time on own and that was 4 years ago! Have dub with drive away awning, hubby built bed, love it and it tows caravan beautifully. still getting quotes, 363 from direct line is best so far. I'm 58 hubby 54 clean licences no claims no mods so can't understand why quotes either too much or won't quote cos where and how i choose to live, i'm in full time employment so can't see the problem.
Old 22-10-11, 10:40
Van Rookie

Just to let everyone know, thanks for all the information you have provided, I have now got insurance with One Call Insurance everything covered including no claims protection courtesy vehicle breakdown cover legal cover etc all for 210 !!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in