Notices

Old 30-06-12, 09:47
Van Man

Default vdub passion

Has anyone bought a converted van from vdub passion south wales just wanted to know what the quality of the work and customer service is like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-06-12, 10:02
BMW? You gotta be serious!
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: vdub passion

jerry you should have a look at some of palmers conversion, theyre based in maidenhead

palmers campers, hes a member on here too, although i know hes more of a worker than a pc expert

Been around the block a bit
Old 30-06-12, 13:08
Van Man

cheers worth a look but already put a deposit down just need a bit of feed back to put mind at rest

Old 30-06-12, 18:12
Van Guru

Unhappy Re: vdub passion

Oh dear, seems to be a fair bit of really negative stuff around about them. Google is your friend. There is also a thread on here in the traders section I think, where various links are given to the problems experienced by seemingly many many many people.......I think they are registered on here as a trader and the responses pointed out some of the problems and gave links which made for interesting reading.
Old 25-07-12, 17:48
Van Rookie

We went to Vdub passion in Feb/March of this year. We bought a t5 that was coverted from a panel van and vdub passion arranged both the donor vehicle and the conversion.
Pre-sales service was pretty good with regular contact made, having thrashed out a price and arranged for all the modifications/add on's we collected the van a few weeks later. Upon collection a number of add on's that we had requested had not been carried out including the fitting of rear speakers. Having decided that we were not able to drive back to Wales from Southampton for vdub passion to fit the rear speakers we paid for, vdub passion agreed to refund the money.

Following over 30 phone calls and 10 e-mails to enquire when vdub passion were going to grace us with the refund, we are now 3 months down the line and as of yet have had no refund. We have sent letters of intent and are now discussing the possibility of legal action over the matter given the distinct lack of response we have had.

The workmanship cannot be faulted, but for anyone looking at vdub passion for a t4/t5, I would advise you look around, even if the cost is higher elsewhere, for the hassle we have had trying to obtain a refund that was promised to us, we would not go anywhere near them again and have advised friends from doing so. After sales service is virtually non-existent.

Hope this helps.
Old 26-07-12, 09:48
Van Pro

Some good advice there Shame there are companies that see you off as it has a knock on effect like this thread. They have probably lost that refund in trade after all of this!!
Old 26-07-12, 09:56
Van Master Jedi

I sold my T5 driver's seat on eBay to a buyer of that name and they messed me about for ages and in the end didn't pay up. I'd have left negative feedback if I could they were so bad. I gave up in the end and relisted it and it sold for a better price so all was well in the end, but I was extremely annoyed at their attitude and would never touch them based on that one transaction. I have a couple of searches set up, if they ever sell stuff on eBay I'm going to get my own back
Old 26-07-12, 17:46
Van Man

Regarding the above company vdubpassion.co.uk based in LLanelli, South Wales, UK. We are currently in a situation where we have given over money for a vehicle with a build schedule of end of May 2012 and we still have not had anything. The owner, Paul does not even respond to emails or texts and has ruined out holiday as we were going to go away in the campervan this August....what campervan? There is no campervan!!!! DO not use this company I don't know how to make this thread so everyone will read it I don't want others to be in the same position as we are in.

We have even left message on the facebook page and they are deleted instantly!!!!!!!
We are going to go to trading standards and intend to take it to Watchdog and Rogue Traders!!!

Can anyone advise of any dealings with this company? We would appreciate as much information as possible from any other users
Thanks Sergio
Old 29-07-12, 21:26
Van Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiopaulopablo View Post
Regarding the above company vdubpassion.co.uk based in LLanelli, South Wales, UK. We are currently in a situation where we have given over money for a vehicle with a build schedule of end of May 2012 and we still have not had anything. The owner, Paul does not even respond to emails or texts and has ruined out holiday as we were going to go away in the campervan this August....what campervan? There is no campervan!!!! DO not use this company I don't know how to make this thread so everyone will read it I don't want others to be in the same position as we are in.

We have even left message on the facebook page and they are deleted instantly!!!!!!!
We are going to go to trading standards and intend to take it to Watchdog and Rogue Traders!!!

Can anyone advise of any dealings with this company? We would appreciate as much information as possible from any other users
Thanks Sergio
Hi All,

We have tried every way with this customer, we are very busy at the moment and don't wish to let anyone down, we have many satisfied customers who are more than willing for us to give out their contact details if required.

Vdub Passion has offered this customer its own brand new T4 show camper and here is the proof of email sent, but at time of writing this we have not had a reply.

So here is a copy of the email sent today!!!!

Dear Vicky & Sergio,

I am deeply disappointed by your last email and the brief conversation we have just had that you may have cut short.

If you would have managed to listen to me what I was going to suggest was that we were going to offer you as a compromise our show vehicle 'Candy' as a replacement to your proposed conversion.

'Candy' is a much higher spec vehicle than you have currently ordered with us with over 1,500 worth of extras and as per your previous email you did not mind not having a pop-top if this sped up the time of build.

As you can probably see by our website that all of our conversions are unique and as where we have been entrusted to source a vehicle on your behalf we would ensure that the best possible vehicle is used, as you were many, many miles away from us this was something that I thought we had an understanding off??

I would urge to consider this vehicle as I feel we are trying our best here, even down to trying to sell your Scirroco which I believe with Vicky that this had to be sold to finance the remaining of the build.

I do wish you had taken the time to visit us personally to ensure you were happy with both myself, the company and its products prior to the placement of the order. As we try to ensure we meet all build slots this is becoming more and more difficult this is down to availability to source quality donor vehicles due to the popularity of the vehicle you have chosen within the limited budget we allocate for the build.

I am happy to furnish you with pictures of 'Candy' if you wish to see her before you make your final decision.

On a legal note as letters of intent have been issued, and the threat that you are an ex-serving Police officer that wishes tarnish Vdub Passion's reputation at the forthcoming Volksfest Wales event I have no other alternative but to take legal advice with Eversheds where a family member is senior associate.

If we are guilty of anything it is trying to do best for our customer and possibly growing our business a little to fast which should be encouraging for this current financial climate.

It does not have to be like this, to summerise we are offering as means of compensation a much better and sought after camper at a reduced cost. I don't think that we are trying to deceive you at all I happy to give you contact numbers of customers that have had similar conversions from us to ensure total customer satisfaction.

I must say only yourself and one other customer this year have ordered a conversion from us without visiting the workplace, the other was from Switzerland where we collected his left hand vehicle and are due to return it to him next week.

Why don't we try and sort this out as it would be a shame for you to have to go through the whole process in finding a supplier and vehicle comparative to what we are offering.

Kind Regards,

Paul

It is easy to rubbish someone on here but sometimes it is not fair, it may be now that this customer is short on the funds and that is why he may want his money back.??
Old 08-08-12, 18:42
Van Rookie

Paul @ Vdub Passion

Can you contact Cath and Mike - they are having issuses trying to get hold of you regarding the van they have ordered (quite a while ago)...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in