Keep the Event at Beaulieu Motor Museum 15 22.06%
Alternate the location every other year 24 35.29%
Different Location Every year 31 45.59%
Combine the event with another Show 1 1.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-14, 13:00
Administrator
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesI Support Cancer Research UKI Support Children In NeedRegional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW TransporterAdministrator

Default Venue for Forum event

(See Poll Above)

Dear All
2014 was the 5th year at Beaulieu, I know most people love the location and setting, but for a lot its too far South, so have been looking at alternate venues.
Close contenders have included.

Duxford
Great venue, but doesn't allow camping on site - the camp site down the road is ok, but its not a walkable distance and not too set up for having a large enough area for kids games etc.

Gaydon Motor Museum
I am due a visit here in the new year, but from what a lot of people have told me this is a poor second to Beaulieu ... although it would be a lot nearer our more Northern brothers - this is still a possibility.

Chatteris Lakes
Thought I had this one cracked, fantastic setting loads of space, off road activities, Water Ski lake, jetski hire etc - proper outdoor centre. BUT (and isn't there always a but) Max number of people 150 in a group – that’s people not even vans.

There are several others, good points on some, not so good on others, biggest factors being capable of taking 250+ Vans / 600ish people and keeping the ticket cost as reasonable as possible.

The Fall back is Beaulieu again for 2015. I have been offered the same set up and dates as last year. But I am of the mind that 5 years is time to move on.
To give me an idea on numbers, please mark you preference below:

Last edited by Jimbo; 03-12-14 at 13:05.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-14, 13:02
Administrator
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesI Support Cancer Research UKI Support Children In NeedRegional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW TransporterAdministrator

Default Re: Venue for Forum event 2015

Please post your thoughts and suggestions below – bear in mind, this is family oriented, can’t just be an open field with no facilities. Other factors to think about being lighting, access, security, noise, power, facilities, attractions near by, possible cruise out location.

Also, do you want the theme to remain, ie Fancy dress, games, cruise out … Suggestions welcome ?
Old 03-12-14, 13:25
Serial Poster

How about a county show field of some kind? not sure what they be like up north.

I know there are no 'attractions' at such places but they can offer very good facilities.

Old 03-12-14, 13:32
Van Master Jedi

Having never been to Beaulieu I can't comment on it as an event. However, from what I've read of the other possibilities it seems that, at the moment, keeping it there is the best option.

The suggested options seem to have too many 'buts'!
Old 04-12-14, 04:24
Lord of the T6s
I Support MacmillanOfficial MemberVW Transporter

I can't see too many attractions having the combination of extra space with facilities that Beaulieu has. Anywhere else is likely to have built on it or use it for car parking.

I suspect you have to ask what type of event people want. If it is a family camp with own entertainment then a show ground would do ( if you can get a date). On the other hand if people want entertainment then tagging along with another event might be the way forward - question is what type of other event?

Saying nothing doesn't mean I have no opinion.
It may mean I don't think you are ready to hear it.
Old 04-12-14, 08:30
Van Guru

T4 Post Icon Re: Venue for Forum event 2015

I love the Beaulieu area but it is a far old trek for anyone from the north, howabout somewhere in the middle, you have santapod dragstrip or my favourite, billing aquadome, http://www.billingaquadrome.com/events, plenty of classic car events held there, overnight camping not a problem and camping next to a load of lakes. northampton area.
Old 04-12-14, 09:01
Trade Member
Official TraderVW Transporter

Have you spoken to Warwick Castle?.

Lovely place, loads of space, castle to explore..

They might have an area they could set aside for camping and the location would be good for everyone.

Might be worth asking them?.

Dan
Old 04-12-14, 13:22
Van Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Wortley View Post
I love the Beaulieu area but it is a far old trek for anyone from the north, howabout somewhere in the middle, you have santapod dragstrip or my favourite, billing aquadome, http://www.billingaquadrome.com/events, plenty of classic car events held there, overnight camping not a problem and camping next to a load of lakes. northampton area.
Good shout Stu I used to go there as a kid absolutely loved it, loads to do for little ones now, have they still got the massive slide there.....
Old 04-12-14, 14:59
Van Jedi
Official MemberVW Transporter

Another vote for Billing - have been a fair few times in my Landrovering days.
Old 04-12-14, 16:54
Administrator

Evening All

We either Billing or Warwick Castle look good, couldn't ask for being more central to the Country than that.

More than happy to fire off an enquiry and follow this up.

I will let you know how this goes.

Happy to take any more suggestions

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in