Notices

Old 15-10-07, 22:16
Administrator
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesI Support Cancer Research UKI Support Children In NeedRegional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW TransporterAdministrator

Hi Phil
Nice one - I had a good dice with a guy on a RS250 Aprillia - Even though my Harris has over 1000cc and probably 130bhp more, there is no way in the World I could shake him off round the twisties - and I couldn't get a good enough run out the corners to pull away down the straights....
Just goes to prove, its not what ya got - its what ya can do with it eh !

Oh yes, my solution to the above was bolting Nitrous on - won't make it go round cornes any faster - but who cares
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-10-07, 08:34
Van Master Jedi
I Support Children In Need

Hi Jim,

at the end of the day there is no substitute for horsepower.
Its nice riding round the outside of someone through the twisties but I must admit to getting a deeper satisfaction from mauling the odd GTI / RS / STI on the straights with the CBR

Talking about the Aprillia, my missus is really kean on doing her DAS next year now that the kids are at school and we both decided that an RS 250 would be the way to go as she wouldnt be riding everyday and I know my way around stinkwheels ( of course, I have no intentions of taking it on a track day..........).
The Harris looks good by the way, very good, but a bit too much bike for me at the moment, it must be satisfying building something unique from the frame up and getting it rideable, setting up the Aprillia was tricky enough as a novice.

P
Old 17-10-07, 11:00
Van Jedi

Default Re: Anyone into Motorbikes ?

Not really into mainstream stuff but got a couple of custom built bikes/trikes

Old 17-10-07, 11:02
Van Jedi

Better picture of trike from the rock and blues show this year#
Old 17-10-07, 12:12
Van Expert

Hi all,

I'm new round these parts but VERY into bikes .... In fact, I've bought my T4 to transport me and my race bike to the track!

I race an Aprilia RS250 (heavily modified - running 50:50 Avgas:Super unleaded, plus some extra, secret mods) ... If I could work out how to sick pic's on here, I would! .... I love the Aprilia ... And, love taking it on track days too, it's ace seeing everyone there with their '07 RRRR (or however many R's they are upto these days) .... They all pooh-pooh your smelly 2-stroke until the end of the 1st session when you've out braked and ridden round the outside of everyone, then they all want to come and have a chat ... hehe! ... I love it!

I also have a K2 GSXR750 for the road ... Have had many other road bikes in the past and genuinely think the GSXR750 is the best super-sports 'road' bike out there.

I hope to go watch the IOM next year .... And if anyone facies coming to see some racing next summer, I race with these guys (www.derbyphoenix.co.uk)

Rich
Old 17-10-07, 21:05
Administrator
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesI Support Cancer Research UKI Support Children In NeedRegional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW TransporterAdministrator

Alfiedub - Nice one matey, you of all people will know how much work goes into Specials and Chops etc Although I am more Streetfighter "style" than chop, I totally respect what you have done - Good one.

I used to do all the Bike Shows R&B, Bulldog, Kent Custom etc - made a lot of friends in those circles ...

Do you know the guys at the Trike Shop in Dunstable (Going back a few years now)
Old 18-10-07, 10:05
Van Jedi

Are you taking about the one Boots used to own... i havent spoken with them for years... Think Chris took it over when boots went to Ireland... Spent some time with the NCC years ago... but out of the scene now... still get to a few shows up and down the country
Old 18-10-07, 10:17
Van Man

Im not really into my bikes as I cant ride, and had a bit of an accident on one when I was 16 (well on a 50 lol)
I do however have a 1982/3 suzuki GS250 Sat unused with 19k on the clock in excelent condition, that I inherited from my step dad.
Any ideas what it's worth? Anyone want it?
It needs a MOT & Tax but it should fly through - it has a brand new battery with it.
Old 18-10-07, 10:21
Trade Member
Official TraderVW Transporter

Oh yes!
Had XJR1300s for the last few years but treated myself to this baby a few weeks ago. Done 2500 miles already and I am loving it. Nicest bike I have ever ridden, and I have ridden plenty!

IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/upspex/Mivvi/P1010153.jpg[/IMG]
Old 18-10-07, 11:06
Van Expert

Managed to work out this 'photobucket' thing (sorry ... Am new round these parts )

Here's a couple of shots of my Aprilia RS250 race bike, taken at Cadwell Park earlier this year

http://www.dcd-images.co.uk/html/old...llery_176.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in