Notices

Old 01-03-16, 16:12
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

T4 Post Icon Adrian flux? Insurance

short story for anyone looking at insurance..

So we have been insured with Adrian Flux for nearly 10 years, thinking our van was covered for every eventuality - fully comp and covered for an amount that would let us replace it should anything happen.

See thread below - our Ex AA, pop top, new engine was smashed to bits by a DPD driver.

So then the story goes.... also this accident was not our fault (police witnesses luckily).

1. our van disappears.
2. 4.5 hours on the phone: we phone Adrian Flux who advise us to use a Insurance Management Company - Slater Gorden (S.G.).
3. they sort us out with a hire car.
4. 2 days later someone phones us from Adrian Flux to ask about the accident, not knowing S.G. were dealing with it.
5. Our van still has our stuff in it - we phone the garage, they say it isn't there so we phone S.G. to find out where it is.
6. Our van is 200 miles away in a salvage yard. - phone the salvage yard to tell them not to break it...
7. We've ben told modifications aren't taken into account in valuations.
8. The salvage yard have taken photos of the van to send to an engineer to value the van.
9. the valuation is expected tomorrow.
10. If we disagree with the valuation we have to give the hire car back (S.G. will probably ask for it back anyway).

Just a heads up for everyone to expect major stress if you are ever in any type of accident!

I'll update on our valuation tomorrow......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-16, 16:33
Old Git in a T4

T4 Post Icon Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

Sue the person who was at fault in the small claims court and demand to be put back into the same position as you were before the accident IE Your van repaired or an equivalent van supplied to you. Sue the insurance company as well if they break your van without permission, they don't own it until you agree a settlement figure.

These accident management firms can be a scam, they put you in an expensive hire car and then when the insurance company says that you were partially at fault, you get the bill for the car hire. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/ke...ent+management

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/blameless-crashes/

Ask Honest John, honestly, he will answer your email within a couple of hours.

[email]letters@honestjohn.co.uk
Old 01-03-16, 18:40
Trade Member
Official TraderVW Transporter

Default Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

Hi,
If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look into this for you.
With regards to any disclosed modifications on the vehicles these should be taken into consideration on a total loss valuation. I don't know why you would have be advised otherwise.
Regards,
Dan.

Old 11-03-16, 16:17
Van Guru

So pre accident apparently our van was with 3264.50

And I will be able to replace a 2003, 170k, ex Aa, pop top with a new engine for that amount in my local area....

I WOULD BE OVERJOYED IF SOMEONE COULD REPLACE IT FOR THAT, AND I WOULD EAT MY HAT.

Now Slater Gordon have told us to speak to Adrian Flux to sort it out. Spoke to Adrian Flux who tried to speak to Slater Gordon, but slater Gordon won't talk to Adrian flux WTF?

So now we have a weekend of angst until Monday when Tom from Adrian Flux kindly speaks to his managers to try and work out a way to get the valuation increased....

And it wasn't our fault.....

Hopefully people might pick up some advice from what we are going through

Old 11-03-16, 19:14
Trade Member

Hi,
Hopefully we can get it sorted for you as soon as possible.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 12-03-16, 08:46
Van Jedi

Adrian flux advertise on this site but there seems to be a bit of negative about how they deal with claims
so before I get a quote from them has anyone had a good experience from a claim with them

also if they want the business they have to take the flak or sort problems out

"It's only the grey that matters"
Old 12-03-16, 15:22
Trade Member

Hi,
Just to let you know I'm happy to investigate any claim issues that members may have with oursleves.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 15-03-16, 17:41
Van Guru

Update... In case anyone is interested....Adrian flux have had an internal meeting and spoken to slater Gordon the management company. The engineers are going to give us another valuation. In the mean time I've spent a day and a half on the phone and organising documents to capture the specs of our van, what was in our van and a whole load of similar vans on he market on the moment. I have also scanned in a load of receipts, some from 10 years ago and sent these to Adrian flux and the management company... Covering our butts I hope.

I'll fill in as soon as we have any progress from our initial 3250 valuation.....

Old 22-03-16, 10:07
Van Guru

Default Re: Adrian flux? Insurance - A TIME LINE OF A CLAIM

So next update.... FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT EVER BE IN A CRASH.

Phone call from Slater Gordon yesterday, increased the valuation to 7k. This is broken down to 5.2k settlement and 1.8k for the salvage.

I was advised that is it common practice for the first offer to be a joke - and some people unwittingly take this so for the valuers and 3rd party it is worth a try.

Surely this is incredibly sharp practice, if not THEFT? - Imagine my granny who has no idea how much her pimped T4 is worth just accepted the first offer... C'MON INSURERS SORT YOUR SH*T OUT!!!!! NOT FAIR!!

So can I replace my van for 7k - no way.

So Slater Gordon told me to speak to Adrian Flux.

Spoke to Adrian Flux and they said they would now follow up with 3rd party insurers (Aviva).

I also made sure to ask about the hire car Slater Gordon have given us.

AF advise to phone Slater Gordon Back and ask about it.

Phoned Slater Gordon back - as i didn't accept the valuation, I need to give the car back apparently - otherwise I am liable for the 200 a day rental!!!!

Back it goes, dog hairs and all.

SO back to square one.

Adrian Flux now dealing with Aviva, 4 weeks later.

We still aren't near a resolution, are a car down, loads of time (spent hours researching and providing proof of value as well as the phone calls and e-mails) and pretty stressed.

We had a vanning trip to France planned for May - this is now looking unlikely.

I have my teeth gritted for the next instalment. Even if I do eventually get a decent settlement I then have to find a van and get it to the same state as our old one..... AAAARRRRGGGHHH
Old 29-03-16, 16:29
Van Guru

So all the research I did wasn't sent last week - it was only sent through this morning.

Apparently it has been sent back to Slater Gordon, not Aviva to try and increase the value again.

No calls, no communications.

another session on the phone to Adrian Flux - Max, Lawrence, Tom, Dan, Adam and a manager....

Our van is still in a breakers with all our personal stuff in it.

Apparently if we dispute the valuation next time we have to do an independent engineers report that will cost us 200 and try and get someone to accept it...

in the mean while we are juggling 2 kids, jobs etc with one car which is a nightmare.

waiting for a manager to call back....

C"MON you cnuts - sort it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
adrian flux, motorplus, slater gordon, tec reports, valuation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in