Notices

Old 30-03-16, 16:57
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

todays instalment......

....40 minutes trying to return a missed call to Katie from Adrian Flux, kept getting diverted by the auto call system to Slater Gordon. Also diverted by AF customer services to Slater Gordon - each time with 10 minutes on hold.

Got through to Slater Gordon, no records of Katie, Really? let me check.... 5 minutes later.... ah yes she only works one day a week at Adrian Flux so you'll have to leave a message... she phoned me an hour ago.... Oh..... I'll transfer you to AF. AF send me back to claims department at Slater Gordon.... arrrggghhhh...

Finally got hold of Katie...

Adrian Flux are only a BROKERS.

If we want our insurance company to deal with the claim we have to go to Aegis....

.... WTF? .... I THOUGHT YOU WERE OUR INSURANCE COMPANY???? No we are the brokers.... you will have to cancel everything you have done so far and start another claim via Aegis - we can't help with that...

SO WHAT THE F DO ADRIAN FLUX ACTUALLY DO???????????????? WE HAVE PAID FOR FULLY COMP INSURANCE WITH THEM FOR YEARS!!!! AND NOW WE NEED SOMETHING BACK THROUGH A SIMPLE NO FAULT ACCIDENT THE BUCK IS BEING PASSED AROUND.

(SORRY DAN - NOT YOUR DEPARTMENT)

So now we are waiting for our third valuation from the other engineers. If it comes in low we need to go to court to try and get our money back...

At the moment we are planning the court approach (15k might be too much for the small claims court?), we are putting in an official complaint to the ombudsman about professionalism and sharp practice... we are also taking to DPD who caused the accident to see if they have any sympathy - one of the top 10 companies in the country.... watch this space....

Oh yeah, and I'm waiting for another call from Slater Gordon tonight for something (just spent another 15 mins on hold and talking to a new person to try and return a call only to find that their night manager is busy and will try and call back in the next hour)...

Hopefully a good update soon....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-03-16, 20:23
Van Guru

Ha - no chance !!

So spoke to ULR who Adrian Flux put us onto.

Slater Gordon won't increase the valuation from 5469.88 plus our van back or that they will give us 1880 for.

That is 79 phone calls, 27.5 solid hours on the phone, 3 days research work, 6 different organisations, 24 different people, loads of hassle, 1 hire car.

MY ADVICE TO DATE - DON'T TOUCH ADRIAN FLUX, SLATER GORDON OR ULR WITH A BARGE POLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summary:

Can ANYONE replace this for 5.5k?:

Fully Comp 10+ years no claims (actually 23 years)
T4
2.5 TDI 102 bhp
170k miles (30 on new engine)
5 seats
Reims Pop top and bespoke bed
New Engine
Tow Bar
Steel exhaust
Audi 5 spoke satin black alloys
Full maintained
Very little rust

Old 30-03-16, 20:28
Van Guru

So our options now are...

1. get our van back from Bristol to Cornwall (taken to Bristol without our consent).
2. get an estimate for it to be prepared or replaced from our local garage.
3. talk to DPD who caused the accident and look at taking them to court to retrieve a replacement.
4. complain to the Financial Services Onbudsman about all 6 organisations we have been associated with.

I REALLY HOPE PEOPLE ARE TAKING SOMETHING FROM OUR PAIN!

I'LL UPDATE AS I MOVE ON

Old 31-03-16, 20:08
Van Guru

Honest John contributors have suggested that we look into the legal cover on our van and home insurance policies. Then look into small claims only for the difference - 5k.

Only this afternoon Adrian Flux Customer Relations have promised to push further to see what we can get - not holding our breath, but really glad they are at least involved now.

My wife has been in touch with DPD one of who's drivers caused the accident. They have been chasing things too and apparently Aviva - who their insurance is with - have opened a case but have not had any infomration regarding valuations and requests. I fear there might be some skullduggery of the highest order at play.... by ULR and Slater Gordon all rinsing an accident for cash....

Old 31-03-16, 21:01
Old Git in a T4

T4 Post Icon Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

Adrian Flux gives you legal insurance for free. Tell them you want to go to court using their legal cover. It was a non fault accident. You should be entitled. And it doesn't just have to be small claims. You may have up to a quarter of a million in legal cover.

Last edited by Yellow Campervan; 01-04-16 at 13:24.
Old 01-04-16, 13:08
Van Guru

Nice one van man! saved me some reading :-)
Old 01-04-16, 13:23
Old Git in a T4

Actually,, I think it is one hundred grand in legal expenses ...https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/legal-expenses/

You have to use their solicitor so contact them first.

Last edited by Yellow Campervan; 01-04-16 at 13:26.
Old 01-04-16, 13:41
Van Expert

T5 Post Icon Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

Watching with interest and feel your pain.
I notice Adrian Flux have gone very quiet on this one.
I think this has made my mind up who I will never insure with.
Old 01-04-16, 15:00
Old Git in a T4

I am with them for my car and my van. They seem quite good. BUT I have never had to claim yet.

But they are agents, it is the insurance company you have to get to pay out. The agent should assist in this though.
Old 01-04-16, 16:00
Van Master Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm View Post
Watching with interest and feel your pain.
I notice Adrian Flux have gone very quiet on this one.
I think this has made my mind up who I will never insure with.
Same here, mine is up for renewal next week, there will be one less company on my enquiry list after reading all of this.

Good luck Drmac, your doing the right thing keeping on at them to do the honourable thing and i truly hope they get their backsides into gear and sort you out properly. Its bad enough having your motor smashed up but then putting up with such pants treatment is extracting the urine.

Im liking Yellows idea about the legal cover too, defiantly worth pursuing.

Tags
adrian flux, motorplus, slater gordon, tec reports, valuation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in