Notices

Old 01-04-16, 18:45
Trade Member
Official TraderVW Transporter

Default Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

Hi,
I'll be getting a update on this matter when I'm back in the office on Monday.
Regards,
Dan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-16, 22:04
Van Pro

I should hope you will Dan. You should be ashamed of your company and how it is treating this chap.
This is not the way to win new business on the forum, or to expect anyone to renew with you.
Old 02-04-16, 07:59
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

Thanks a load Bryanm, Yellow, Rexy - really appreciate the interest and support, it means loads!

Yesterdays update:

Phoned ULR (Adrian Flux claims handlers) in the morning they advised to get our own valuation done with our own experts - so we asked for the van to be brought back down to Cornwall and our good chums at VW Connections. This isn't going to cost us anything and they said they would call back later in the day and let us know when our van would be back - no call was made.... so we need to chase on Monday.

Then about an hour later we had a call from Slater Gordon the 'managers' asking if we gave our permission for the van to be moved - so I obviously agreed to the move as we never asked for it to be taken to Bristol in the first place.

So we have to pay 240 for our own valuation, which we can claim back if it is more than theirs

THEN CHECK THIS HOWLER...

I had a call from TECREPORTS - the valuers. They said "just calling to talk about your valuation because we have been told your van had some modifications"????????? I asked - "have you not had the list of mods and comparable vehicles that we sent on the 1st March?" and they had not been sent them by SLATER GORDON.... WTF - these guys had assured me twice that it had been sent to all relevant parties!!

? I asked if their 'engineer' valuer had actually seen the van for the second valuation and they said - Yes - he noted that it had some "accessories"........

So I sent an e-mail to everyone involved with a list of modifications, scans of reciepts for all the work done (some 10 years old), comparable vans on the market at the moment....

It feels like we are getting somewhere - unfortunately for DAN he's the forum face of this debacle.

I'm hoping to be able to post some positive stuff about people before too long!

Old 02-04-16, 08:31
Serial Poster

Feel your pain. Had a similar experience after my M3 got written off, massively messed around due to the 'market value' that they applied to it. Got it sorted eventually, but very stressful and I had a broken M3 filling my garage for 6 months and had to buy another car so I had something to run around in.
Old 02-04-16, 09:46
Van Rookie

Brilliant thread! Will be taking my time when choosing an insurer. Hope all turns out well for you in the end.
Does anyone have any good experiences or recommendations for insurance companies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-16, 10:16
Lord of the T4s

I will still be using Adrian Flux ! Dan has always been helpful and approachable he cannot be held accountable or used as a scape goat for his companies behaviour !
I would also add Adriab Flux are agents and it's the insurance underwriter who could be at fault so many will say they will go with another agent only to be underwritten by the same company this poor chap is having grief with !

Good luck I am sure you will get what you are entitled to in the end !
Old 02-04-16, 18:45
Van Guru

Nice one MJMX3 I reckon you are spot on. I'm sure Dan is the man - as soon as he sees something he acts.

Unfortunately for us - and possibly anyone else with Adrian Flux, or any other broker as you point out.... as soon as you start a claim (which Dan isn't involved with) the buck gets passed around until you are at the end of your tether. My wife made the mistake of taking on a claims management company on recommendation of Adrian Flux (one of the persuasions was the fact we got a courtesy car to get us out of a very difficult spot).

I think their unwritten plan is to grind you down with calls, smoke and mirrors until you accept a basic offer, then, along with a few other company's and salvage businesses, rinse as much as possible out of everyone.

Adrian Flux management (not Dan) also advised that if we were to stop using the management company and try and get a better valuation going through 'our' insurance company (Aegis - who Adrian Flux insure us with) - we were unlikely to increase the valuation.

I suppose our beef is pretty basic - we had full comp insurance with a recommended 'company'.... had a no fault accident and all of a sudden we are in the sh*t.

Hopefully this dialogue might help enlighten some other people in a way we were lacking.

Make sure you cover yer ar*e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMX3 View Post
I will still be using Adrian Flux ! Dan has always been helpful and approachable he cannot be held accountable or used as a scape goat for his companies behaviour !
I would also add Adriab Flux are agents and it's the insurance underwriter who could be at fault so many will say they will go with another agent only to be underwritten by the same company this poor chap is having grief with !

Good luck I am sure you will get what you are entitled to in the end !
Old 03-04-16, 07:44
Van Guru

Dan - are you Danielle or Daniel?
Old 03-04-16, 16:25
Trade Member
Official TraderVW Transporter

Hi,
I'm Daniel.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 05-04-16, 22:11
Van Pro

T5 Post Icon Re: Adrian flux? Insurance

Was watching this with interest. What's happened DRMAC? You been told to cease reporting?

Tags
a-plan, adrian flux, motorplus, slater gordon, valuation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in