VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

2.4d AJA owners

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  fatboyo 
#1 ·
hi folks as the title says.. i am looking for owners near or in northern ireland to compare my power steering with yours.. i ahve replaced evrything balljoints track rods and ends pas pump belt checked universal joints lubed them on steering column, pulled column up into bearing, have greet power steering fluid in, new steering rack. Steering is still ing heavy..has anyone any ideas as to what could be the cause. i am going to replace the hydraullic hoses next. having driven the 2.5 and evn the aab 2.4d steering is like night and day compared to my 2.4 aja... if theres anyoe around with a 2.4d aja with nice light steering i would love to hear from you or im going to drive this bus into the LAGANA:T:T::D:*:*:*:*

#3 ·
Hi, thankyou for your reply and your offer, i changed the pump bought it brand new (from ebay). no joy. so day before yesterday i swapped the pump over to another from an aja that i know is working and still the steering is sticky, it corrrects itself going round corners (comes backto straight) but when stationary its just not nice and light.. am i missing something? would you have a set of power steering pipes from the AjA by any chance? if i had a set i would love to swap the return pipe at least as im thinking the inner of the current one has collapsed.. im clutching at straws to be honest.. thanks for getting back to me once again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.