VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Busfest thoughts.....

7K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  BUSFEST 
#1 ·
What did you think people....good, bad, etc.

Personally I think they got it bang on........superb location, clean toilets, well policed, good cresh area for children, loads of stalls, quality food, ......:*............discuss.....

#3 ·
Great show - but peed off again with all the bikes and carts. Disappointed to see the AA had a new Transit on their stand - how could they get that so wrong when they run so many Transporters! The car parks and camp sites were displaying lots of ex AA T4's and 5's.

#5 ·
Very good. Only one downside was the catering vans. I know it will be more expensive to cover overheads but the food prices were over the top. Pint of cider £4.30. Sausage roll £3. Burger £4.45. Small bottle of pop £2.20. Apart from that it was good. Just means next year will take own food with us.

#9 ·
Great show breat atmosphere awesome people. Thaught the zombie theme was a mistake for a family friendly event not very child friendly was told no kids under 10 in main marquee. but over all still lots on offer elsewhere to keep us entertained. Deffo be back next year

#10 ·
First time there for me, and celebrating my 50th birthday today. Great time. Fell in with a whole bunch of Welsh people and had good company all weekend. Thanks to turlough for organising the forum camping, definitely the best location of the lot. I'll be back!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
First time at Busfest, thoroughly enjoyed it, the Zombie thing was good, surprised how many 'didn't' do the fancy dress thing.

Camperjam gets the nod for me. Just prefer the layout and atmosphere it created, although the toilets at Busfest win hands down.

Both have their merits, Camperjam more a family/entertainment thing. Busfest more enthusiast aimed.

#12 ·
Most excellent, especially the T4 Forum camping organised by Turlough.

Now I am fond of dogs but why take it in among a huge amount of people, loud music, flashing lights?

Traumatise the poor things; tie it to the towbar.

Not so many grown-ups riding bikes way too fast this time. Just a couple who should have left it to the kids.

#15 ·
Hi. I went as a day visit and really enjoyed it. I definitely felt like i was missing a big part of it as a day visitor (i know i could have stayed for the evening but had to find a place to camp away from the area)
But it was grate to have a mooch around the show vans and stalls.
If i can make it next year I will be there for 3 days.

#18 ·
Im sorry but the "whole cart thing" is part of the scene im afraid. As a dad of 2 kids under 4 i had one this year and it was very helpful when the eldest keeps grabbing everything and insisting on wandering off, i dont just want to spend my time at the show carrying my kids about or worrying that if i take my eye off them for one second they will dissapear into the sea of people. Its a busy event, but i apologise if you have to waste a few seconds stepping around a cart that takes up no more room really than a person. Ill get my violin.

Maybe they could intoduce a "cart path" or a few "cartparks" :D

Great show anyway. Shame the weather was a bit naff fri/sat.

#22 ·
My thoughts

If someone took a dump and stuck a VW badge on it and maybe a few LEDs someone would buy it.
Dogs are for walking not just being pulled around in radio flyers
Tanked up parents pulling lazy arsd kids around in radio flyers

Seems like a checklist of things to have
flagpole - tick
flashing LEDs on flagpole - tick
radio flyer - tick
being hammered first thing in the morning and ignoring where your kids are - tick
witty stickers - tick
the only tickbox not ticked is originality and thinking outside the box

It's the last sheepfest for me

#26 ·
[B said:
spell check[/B];4758738]Hi. I went as a day visit and really enjoyed it. I definitely felt like i was missing a big part of it as a day visitor (i know i could have stayed for the evening but had to find a place to camp away from the area)
But it was grate to have a mooch around the show vans and stalls.
If i can make it next year I will be there for 3 days.
The irony. :D

#28 ·
Our first VW show and thought it was great, T4 forum did have a great pitch.
I fell in love with T25's again, it was the van i bought the day i passed my driving test, shame it went for scrap 20 years ago.

Will defiantly be back, although the 455 mile drive home on Sunday was a bit of a killer with a hangover.

Thanks
Scotty

#31 ·
This was my 1st Busfest and was excellent!!
Great entertainment for little ones to old ones.
Lots of vendors, great vibe.
Understand the red cart/Radio Flyer problem but when you go there to buy so much stuff then you can see why people have them.... apart from kids/dog/beer/goodies dragger, they weren't an issue at all.
I was in amongst some friendly Germans in the T4Forum area and felt like I was abroad! LOL:

Well done Busfest Team, and Turlough! ...back for more next year for sure.

#35 ·
Just a reminder folks!..... T:

The German SWR film crew who were with us at this years BUSFEST have announced when viewers in Germany will be able to see the end product. TODAY at 16.00 hrs (This is essential Xmas day viewing ... )

TRANSPORTER FANS IN THE UK AND ELSEWHERE WHO ARE NOT ABLE TO VIEW IT DIRECTLY WHEN IT IS SENT OUT TODAY (@ 16.00 ON GERMAN TV) WILL BE ABLE TO SEE IT (ONCE IT HAS AIRED) STREAMED ON THE SWR WEBSITE . IT WILL BE LOCATED/LISTED HERE;

http://swrmediathek.de/index.htm

:cool:

www.busfest.org

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.