VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Camper van conversion left over stuff: Insulation, bubblewrap and curtains

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Jayjayz 
#1 ·
Just finished the first part of my camper van conversion and have a few things which are free to be collected:

Almost two packs of recycled plastic insulation from B&Q

More than half a roll of metallic bubblewrap which we used as a combined vapour barrier and radiated heat reflection.

Complete set of curtains for barn doors, sliding door and offside window. All functional although there might be some screws or minor parts missing.

Finally 4 complete set of load lashing tie down kits (not entirely sure what they are called)

All free to collect from Thatcham although a brew is always welcome I:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi
I'm just halfway through my insulating with the same products, and may well have miscalculated I:
The curtain rails would be a bonus! Plus I decided to keep my lashing down points (and my bolts are all rusty :D)
However I live in the Forest of Dean so need to work out when I could collect (if you still have them) or if fuel costs more than the items... On the plus side I could bring you a selection of fab Forest ale...
Obviously if anyone else is nearer and needs them that's probably more sensible :confused:
Have a great day speak soon
JJ

#4 ·
I supposed as always it will be first come first serve. And the Forest ale does sound intriguing [emoji3]
Let me know if you will manage to come by Thatcham in the near future. If not I will ship at curtains to Linesy and you can always pick up the insulation and bubble wrap.
I might however be going to Wales for a mtb weekend first weekend of July so we could potentially meet somewhere closer to Forest of Dean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Cool!!
Thank you!! A:
Happy to meet up at weekend you are near by (please keep curtains for me)
I have a friend who has family near Newbury so I could always ask them if you prefer but the MTB weekend I can get the ale to you T:
Let me know either way
Thank you again !!:D

#6 ·
Sounds good. My weekend is still not planned so it might make sense to have your friends family picking up the stuff. If it doesn't fit with their schedule I will keep you posted on my plans for next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Thanks, I just found out my mates brother goes to Newbury every other weekend aswell so if you don't go away he can bring your beer for you and pick up stuff.
He doesn't know this yet, lets hope he will acquiesce to my request :) T:
Have a good rest of the week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.