VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Message for all current subscribed members.

17K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  Relentless 
#1 · (Edited)
It has come to our attention that when the auto renewal of subs happens it doesn't upgrade your account to that of a subscribed member. It has something to do with the switch over from FWK Publishing (the previous owners) and Verticlescope (the current owners) and the link between the old paypal account and forum not gelling very well.

Can I ask that all current subscribed members (EXCEPT THOSE WHO HAVE PAID AFTER 14-07-15) log in to your paypal account, and follow the below guidance to cancel the payment to the forum.

Method 1:
Click the Profile icon next to "Log out."
Click Preapproved Payments under "Payment settings."
Click the agreement from the list.
Click Cancel Automatic Billing at the top of the page.

Method 2:
Click Profile near the top of the page.
Select My money.
In the "My pre-approved payments" section, click Update.
Select the agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request.

When you notice that your subscription has expired if you wish to renew it please go to your control panel which is in the tabs at the top left between "Home" and "FAQ", scroll down on the left to "Paid Subscriptions" which is under "Miscellaneous" and proceed to set up a new membership. T:

If for any reason you havn't done the above and paypal pay the forum and you don't get your subscribed member status and permissions then please PM Adminvs and they will arrange a refund for you so you can re-subscribe via your control panel.

Hope that helps

The moderating Team :ILU:

See less See more
#7 ·
My membership was due for renewal on 1st Feb, so I checked PayPal to see if the details were as you've shown above. As it said the business name was VerticalScope and the next payment was to be made on Feb 1st, I left it alone. I checked again on Feb 2nd and found that my £10 had been paid by PayPal. The trouble is I seem to have lost all membership privileges since Feb 1st and now can't send or receive any private messages and can't post to classifieds. I've sent Vertical Scope 3 emails and not had a reply to one! I don't suppose you could give them a kick up the proverbial could you, please Chippy?

#8 · (Edited)
Thats what i was trying to say in my first post dude, it doesn't link to the forum when renewing, so you needed to cancel the subscription and re-do it through the forum, then it links just fine :)

If you can PM the transaction ID I'll get it sorted T:

#20 ·
I've just had a look and it seems that it is another company owned/operated by Vertical Scope. I originally used the 'Contact us' tab that's at the foot of each page on the forum to contact them, and that autoguide address was the one showing when they did eventually reply. I know Vertical Scope own a number of forums, so I'd imagine that autoguide deal with all support problems. Just make sure you give them as much information as possible including the PayPal payment reference number, assuming you used PayPal to make the payment.

#26 ·
Very confused by this!!! I've got a couple of questions........

1: "Can I ask that all current subscribed members (EXCEPT THOSE WHO HAVE PAID AFTER 14-07-15) log in to your paypal account, and follow the below guidance to cancel the payment to the forum.
Q: I have no idea when I paid so don't know if it was before or after; any way to tell?

2: "Method 1.
Click the Profile icon next to "Log out."
Click Preapproved Payments under "Payment settings."
Click the agreement from the list.
Click Cancel Automatic Billing at the top of the page.

Method 2.
Click Profile near the top of the page.
Select My money.
In the "My pre-approved payments" section, click Update.
Select the agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request.
Q: Neither of these methods appear to be available on PayPal mobile app; that is all I have, is there any other way to do this?

3: "When you notice that your subscription has expired if you wish to renew it please go to your control panel which is in the tabs at the top left between "Home" and "FAQ", scroll down on the left to "Paid Subscriptions" which is under "Miscellaneous" and proceed to set up a new membership".
Q: How can I tell if the subscription has expired if there is no indication of being subscribed in the first place (the original problem)?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

#27 ·
Very confused by this!!! I've got a couple of questions........

Q: How can I tell if the subscription has expired if there is no indication of being subscribed in the first place (the original problem)?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Not sure why you are asking,you're not a member(as it stands)
Your subscription has expired and not renewed so just renew manually.

#31 ·
I've made it home now and have checked my PayPal going back to Nov 15 and sure enough I have paid.

So.......
It has come to our attention that when the auto renewal of subs happens it doesn't upgrade your account to that of a subscribed member. It has something to do with the switch over from FWK Publishing (the previous owners) and Verticlescope (the current owners) and the link between the old paypal account and forum not gelling very well.

Can I ask that all current subscribed members (EXCEPT THOSE WHO HAVE PAID AFTER 14-07-15) log in to your paypal account, and follow the below guidance to cancel the payment to the forum.
What do I do if I paid after this date? simply ask for a refund and re-subsrcibe?

#32 ·
I've made it home now and have checked my PayPal going back to Nov 15 and sure enough I have paid.

So.......

What do I do if I paid after this date? simply ask for a refund and re-subsrcibe?
Hi, I've manually updated your account. Just make sure you cancel before next year to avoid the same problemT:

#37 ·
I'd not seen this post and my automatic payment came out on 3rd May, I no longer have a paid member status. I've had to clear out my PM box (lost lots of useful PM's in the process) to contact admin as in the original post but I've had no reply and so I still don't have the permissions I should have for parts of the forum and my bigger PM box.

Is there someone that can sort this for me? Think this issue should have been sent out by PM to everyone so that this didn't happen, don't think I've ever been in this section of the forum before and only came across it whilst trying to find out what was going off!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.