VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

new LT46 owner with mystory warning light

10K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  TheBeast 
#1 ·
im the new proud owner of an 2000 LT 46 petrol/lpg unfortunatley my T4s gotta go to small for our family now :-/

ive got a warning light on the dash that ive just spent an hour searching the web for and just cant find it at all, anyone with an idea of what it is please?

its yellow/orange circle with an arrow

See less See more
#2 ·
It's a kind of traction aid. It applies the brake to a spinning wheel. Normally only lights up if you get wheel spin though. Maybe you have a switch on yours to turn off this feature.

#9 ·
i dont think i put that very well agrimog i was told someone may have tried to use the wrong key which trigged the warning light,
these keys that are chipped are they visually different from a normal key? the two keys i got with the LT just look like normal keys and im guessing if there's an immobiliser light built into the dash then it would be factory fitted but the LT seems to have a third party immobiliser as well i'll stick a pick on later, if the keys arent the right keys then neither immobiliser is working and soon as i get the warning light on the dash turned off with vagcom it will just come back on when i turn the keys, anyway to turn it off permanently?

im 100% the LT is ligit its spent its whole life with council health care transport apart from the first 9 months it was owned by VW themselves

#10 ·
right, the mk2 LT's left the factory with an ecu imbeded imobiliser, there is a receiver ring in the ignition switch and a chip in the key, the black plastic bit hides it, some, not all! were dealer fitted witha aftermaket alam system as well, this usually has a small flashing red led along with a "plug in key" to de activate it, this can be removed by any good auto elec, it uually has an auto loc function as well (google sigma jaguar). the factory system will indicate any attempts o incorectly start the vehicle, IE a bunp start, jumping for a very low battery, or a non chipped copy of the right key, if you have accses to vag com, you can reset the light, but be aware you need the round 14 pin mercedes adaptor and vag com will ONLY read the ecu and immobiliser, any body modules cannot be read (remember this is a sprinter with a VW engine and ecu) and I cant get the MB star to talk to it at all

#13 ·
Reviving this thread - info might help others with this Immobiliser light problem.

My van battery ran low, and when I tried to start it, the battery died. Thereafter the immobiliser light was flashing all the time, once I'd re-charged the battery and got the van going again.

I got a Vagcom, along with the round plug-to-OBD converter cable. As has been previously mentioned here, you can lookup the fault codes for the ECU and reset them - which resets this flashing light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.