Notices

Old 04-09-16, 19:56
Van Rookie

Default Just got back from beach camping in spain

we've had Brian the campervan for 4 years now ,and the first two years we went on an adventure regularly at the weekend regardless of the weather as I had a diesel heater fitted. visiting all year round camping sites when ever we could usually with indoor pool as a must, to keep my daughter and friends happy.
Due to work commitments and to many wet rainy weekends the campervan weekends came to an end.
Brian was put in storage and 18 months later after not using the van for 18 months but still servicing /mot the van to keep him healthy.
we decided to use the van or sell! so preparations' where made to take four of us to south of France and costa Blanca Spain.
After having some annoying electrical faults and a new turbo with a full service and mot Brian was ready!
A list of must haves would include Vango air Awning/electric pump up bed/12 volt fans/although we have a fridge an electric cool box for the beers and pop.
we chose the euro tunnel to access Europe and after two days traveling stayed in Montpelier at site with a man made cocoon complete with fountain, white sands and palm trees. really nice place ,not a fellow English person to be seen.
After three days we continued to Spain just four hours travel.
The next stop was everything you could hope for ,camping right on the beach ,and all the amenities you require bar ,pool, shop etc.
The van stayed put for the next ten days while we used it to cook, sleep ,dry cloths use as shade and a cool place from the intense sun.
one evening of rain and wall to wall sun made a great holiday.
Brian the campervan covered nearly two thousand miles and pulled like a train over taking all those motor homes, we were doing constant speed limit to get us there and back as quick as possible doing 600 miles in one day with plenty of stops at the rip off service stations in France.
I have shared my experience with you all just to say if you are considering a campervan holiday in Europe , I would highly recommend it , its an adventure not just a holiday.
I'm planning on going to Italy/ Croatia next year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-16, 11:49
Van Guru

Default Re: Just got back from beach camping in spain

Hi do you have a link to where you stayed near the beach? and where did you stop on your journey down how long were you were away for in total? trying to squeeze a euro trip in this year if i can

Cheers

Nick
Old 06-09-16, 13:26
Van Rookie

T5 Post Icon Re: Just got back from beach camping in spain

Hi I went for a Total of 16 days

1st stop at a cheep "Mister beds" 68 euros in Troyes for over night sleep only
2nd stop Bontanic camping in montpellier for 3 nights" Cacoon pool"
3rd stop Bon repos camping in spain 10 nights
final stay in the comfort hotel paris to sight see in the morning and catch tunnel back pm
parked camper on pavement outside hotel ,no one payed any attention to it so could have slept in it on the Saturday night and saved 140 euros,

would do it differently next time stay overnight near ferry port and get early tunnel crossing go straight to Montpelier and avoid any Saturday traveling to miss holiday traffic jams heading south.

or even better just go straight though France if your sharing the driving as its soooo expensive compared to Spain !!!

Old 18-10-16, 22:33
Van Rookie

party Re: Just got back from beach camping in spain

did the same 6 weeks ,me the wife and pooch ,,took the tunnel and the long?way round ,,,caen le mans potiers toulouse narbonne ,, then into spain as far as torreijeva,,, well punto prima ,,,our first time t4 800s ,, stayed a week and then came back , roughly the same route took in orador san glan ,, sad ,, worth a visit on to normandy seen some of the d day beach's and on to dunkirk,,,,,wifes dad was evacuated from there ,,, looking at going for 3 months next year ,,,happy days ,, nothing planned just using the acsi card ,,,, what a saver ,,, best of luck on your next one ,,
Old 19-10-16, 18:17
More than a little van obsessed

We did Plymouth- Santander, North coast, Galicia, Portugal, back to Galicia, Somiedo/Picos mountains/North Coast for some great waves then back to Santander over 33 days. Lovely trip.

I do like Spain!

This was when we stopped on a mountain to watch another mountain and village on fire - pretty dramatic. Five helicopters, two planes all trying to put it out.

Old 24-10-16, 07:29
Previously; Stoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californication View Post
We did Plymouth- Santander, North coast, Galicia, Portugal, back to Galicia, Somiedo/Picos mountains/North Coast for some great waves then back to Santander over 33 days. Lovely trip.

I do like Spain!

This was when we stopped on a mountain to watch another mountain and village on fire - pretty dramatic. Five helicopters, two planes all trying to put it out.

Nice pic Cali.
Old 24-10-16, 10:21
More than a little van obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstyledevon View Post
Nice pic Cali.
Cheers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in