Notices

Old 27-01-17, 11:40
Old Git in a T4
Official MemberVW Transporter

T4 Post Icon TRACKR.BRAVO .any good??

Hi,

I bought two of these TRACKR BRAVOs... Bluetooth Tracking devices which also use Bluetooth GPS Crowd Tracking.

I only got them yesterday but I am already not convinced.

I researched, watching you tube reviews. It clearly shows people putting these in cars and then using a mobile phone to find their vehicle.. If the vehicle gets stolen, then anyone with the TRACKR app on their phone who walks near to it make a record on TRACKR's server which you can see on your app..

Now I know that there may not be many phones out there yet to do this GPS crowd tracking but I have a much more basic problem.

My mobile phone is fairly modern, it is a Samsung Galaxy K Zoom 4G and version 4 of Bluetooth and yet, I can't get more than about 10 feet away from these TRACKRs without losing contact...

Trying to find one, this morning, in the house, it didn't find it until I was within a few inches of it..

My intention was to put one in my van and one in my car... If it gets stolen, maybe the crowd thing might not work but at least I would be able to find where I parked it in a car park but I don't think even that would work..

Has anyone else got one, are they any good, is it just me?? https://thetrackr.com/bravo?gclid=Cj...sVYaAmNI8P8HAQ

Thanks

Last edited by Yellow Campervan; 27-01-17 at 11:56.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-01-17, 21:14
Van Pro

Default Re: TRACKR..any good??

Got one for the same reason and they are useless. Battery will need replacing in 2 weeks or so too.
Old 28-01-17, 00:38
Serial Poster
Regional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW Transporter

if it's not an opportunist theft then it's likely to be an organised gang especially on higher value vehicles. The way the seem to work is break into your house and nick the keys or if it's keyless then capture the code and noise the signal to the car to unlock it. Quite often the higher value vehicles are then started by the diagnostic port. All very Gone in 60 seconds. Vehicle will be driven to an alternative location, parked up and left for a period of time to see if the police or anyone turn up to collect it, then then know it's fitted with a tracker, they are also using a bit of kit to pic up any mobile signal being given off from the vehicle, is these gsm style trackers to which they will quickly rip of what panels they need to access it and rip it out.
I've done work with official tracker uk and their kits work well

My T5 Transformation/build http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=394149

Kent regional Meet...Wednesday 22nd February from 7.30pm lower Thames carpark, Bluewater

Old 28-01-17, 13:14
Old Git in a T4

T4 Post Icon Re: TRACKR..any good??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphynho View Post
Got one for the same reason and they are useless. Battery will need replacing in 2 weeks or so too.

So, basically, they are useless.. Even given the fact that perhaps vehicle tracking is beyond them, they are not even any use to even find your keys unless you get within 10 feet of them??

I bought two, wonder if I can send them back!!

Has anyone here had a positive experience with them, am I doing something wrong with them, settings on phone or anything.

Phone works perfectly with Bluetooth in car and van..
Old 28-01-17, 14:17
T5 2.5TDi LWB CamperShuttle

Bluetooth has always been a near-range connection system and 10 foot is a likely range.

Eventually this trackR may get popular enough to be effective and work like they say but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
I like the GPS trackers and you don't need to rely on some passing person to locate your vehicle. Yes, professional (if that is an appropriate term for them?) can find and disable them but most thefts are not in that category I would imagine?

If you bought them on line or via phone within 14 days then you should be able to return.

Your Radio Installation kits HERE & in my eBay Shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in