Notices

Old 20-01-16, 19:18
Lord of the T4s
I Support MacmillanRegional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: EU.. Should we stay or should we go?

Choose your oppressors,makes no odds the @&&@& will still be in charge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-01-16, 00:42
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC Sargent

The EU is a complete basket case. It started as a mechanism for improving trade amongst members but has grown into a bureaucratic nightmare, unable to make rational decisions and in most cases unfit for purpose. What was a good system for improving co-operation and trade has become a by-word for incompetence. It needs sorting out.

However, we need to stay in the EU for two reasons.

1) Because jumping ship will be an absolute nightmare of a task that will cost a fortune and carries considerable risk to the UK economy.

2) Because the UK leaving the EU will trigger more problems throughout the EU which would affect us more than the ones we are facing.

In short: We're in a club that is in a mess, but leaving the club will hurt us and the other members more than staying in and sorting out the problems. And they are many.
Old 24-01-16, 07:54
Serial Poster

I don't really feel qualified to make a descision, I'm not an economist or a politician.

On a personal level I like being able to travel indefinitely in Europe, working if I want to, without worrying about visas, and I like being able to buy stuff from eBay Europe without paying import tax.

Old 24-01-16, 09:35
More than a little van obsessed
I Support CLIC Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.surry View Post
The EU is a complete basket case. It started as a mechanism for improving trade amongst members but has grown into a bureaucratic nightmare, unable to make rational decisions and in most cases unfit for purpose. What was a good system for improving co-operation and trade has become a by-word for incompetence. It needs sorting out.

1) Because jumping ship will be an absolute nightmare of a task that will cost a fortune and carries considerable risk to the UK economy.

2) Because the UK leaving the EU will trigger more problems throughout the EU which would affect us more than the ones we are facing.

In short: We're in a club that is in a mess, but leaving the club will hurt us and the other members more than staying in and sorting out the problems. And they are many.
Bluddy ell All, we are are in full agreement

If we left the EU, then Toyota, Honda, Nissan and problem Jaguar Landrover would move to another EU member country, along with many other multinational businesses.
Old 24-01-16, 09:42
Van Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.surry View Post

This proberbly says more for the stay vote than a thousand incoherent politicians words and does give food for thought

but Britain is in the driving seat and should be forcing the eu to listen we joined to have free economic and trade links not to be dictated to
Britain's problem is we have been governed by career politicians who have no concept of life on the street and if they loose there seat jump on the eu gravy train what happens if you loose your job so they want us to stay more for themselves than us

we need a strong leader and it's a long time since we had one

you can't always bale out a sinking ship and at some point have to jump , now may be the time if man had never taken a chance we wouldn't be driving T's

"It's only the grey that matters"
Old 24-01-16, 14:52
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
Bluddy ell All, we are are in full agreement

If we left the EU, then Toyota, Honda, Nissan and problem Jaguar Landrover would move to another EU member country, along with many other multinational businesses.
Err, Bulls"%t.
Old 24-01-16, 15:53
Serial Poster

T4 Post Icon Re: EU.. Should we stay or should we go?

......if there's an recognisable EU left
rather than stay on the Titanic I'll take my chance in a lifeboat
voted no in '75 'cos didn't trust them, & out this time.
the present migrant issue sums it up, either the EU is powerless to control it or there's something sinister afoot, either way it's concerning.
there are issues more important than just economic to us
Old 24-01-16, 16:08
More than a little van obsessed
I Support CLIC Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethermal View Post
Err, Bulls"%t.
You think so, very articulate

Do you really believe we can leave the EU, but still have a open trade borders. We leave and the borders will close, you can't have it both ways.
The reason companies like Toyota base themselves here, is for easy access to the EU. Why do you think that the vast majority of business are against an EU exit.
Old 24-01-16, 19:01
Van Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
You think so, very articulate

Do you really believe we can leave the EU, but still have a open trade borders. We leave and the borders will close, you can't have it both ways.
The reason companies like Toyota base themselves here, is for easy access to the EU. Why do you think that the vast majority of business are against an EU exit.
Somewhere this wk is was wrote that Toyota had said it would be here in 100yrs to open a time capsule it had buried on site
and Nissan also wouldn't be going anywhere
The amount we in port from Europe is probably about the same as we export they can't lose our business either so trade sanctions would be held

as mentioned at this moment in time it's more than just trade at stake

"It's only the grey that matters"
Old 24-01-16, 19:49
Van Master Jedi

Trade borders 'barriers' will make no difference at all to the Trading the Uk will do with Europe in the event of us leaving.

Norway, Switzerland and a few other 'european' countries trade successfully, and they are not in the the EU club. Funnily enough there not in some much s@&t as the rest of us either.

We buy tons of cheap rubbish from China, India, America and a whole heap of other none EU countries, none of which are in the EU, and we don't seem to have any problems with that, and it wont change.

Better to be in charge of your own destiny I think, so I'll be voting out.

And i can live with showing my passport here and there on the few trips i make abroad

Tags
hahaha, vote for freedom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in