Notices

Old 24-01-16, 20:25
Van Jedi

Default Re: EU.. Should we stay or should we go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy baby View Post
Trade borders 'barriers' will make no difference at all to the Trading the Uk will do with Europe in the event of us leaving.

Norway, Switzerland and a few other 'european' countries trade successfully, and they are not in the the EU club. Funnily enough there not in some much s@&t as the rest of us either.

We buy tons of cheap rubbish from China, India, America and a whole heap of other none EU countries, none of which are in the EU, and we don't seem to have any problems with that, and it wont change.

Better to be in charge of your own destiny I think, so I'll be voting out.

And i can live with showing my passport here and there on the few trips i make abroad
Total agree with this comment

"It's only the grey that matters"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-01-16, 19:30
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
Bluddy ell All, we are are in full agreement

If we left the EU, then Toyota, Honda, Nissan and problem Jaguar Landrover would move to another EU member country, along with many other multinational businesses.
I think it's difficult to tell what would happen if we went alone. The above scenario might well happen but even if it don't the risk of Europe imploding with member states dropping out is definitely something to worry about.

On a similar note, another problem would be Scotland. If we leave the EU, the Scots will probably leave the UK, which I think would be bad for the UK and bad for Scotland.
Old 25-01-16, 19:55
Van Master Jedi

I think a lot of the issues stem from the fact that not all member countries are the same, culturally or economically. 26 or 27 countries are always going to be different in some aspects. Germany, for example is nothing like Lithuania.

This was made worse when the last lot of countries became members, Generally the poorer countries of Europe. The inhabitants of such countries obviously have sights set on improving their lot, by taking more than they can put in financially, and no-one can blame them for that.

The wealthier countries look at them as 'spongers' as they see they are the ones paying out more to compensate, and so end up spending more than they receive back, reducing their own position.

For people/countries to be comfortable in any sort of 'club' needs equality. You wouldn't have a very successful football club if you had Ronaldo up front scoring hundreds each game if you had me in goal letting in twice as many, you need a balance of both to succeed, else bitterness and division sets in and eventually the 'club' fails as a result.

Old 25-01-16, 20:23
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC Sargent

To be honest, I think the EU has over-reached itself. A lot of the problems we're seeing, like Greece encouraging migrants through the country without documenting them and every country en route doing the same in the hope the problem will become another countries problem just about sums up the situation we find ourselves in. We've joined a club but nobody is looking out for the club's interest. The members are all looking after their own interests which is exactly what they were elected to do by their own countrymen.

There are Scots celebrating Burns night tonight who will be raising a toast to a 700 year old battle (Bannockburn) against the English. I think it's fanciful to think we can ignore history and pretend we're all the same, because let's face it. We're not.

We need to realise we're all different and agree to work together instead of pretending we can all be the same, then fighting over the details.
Old 02-02-16, 15:38
Van Jedi

I know this is an old thread but can someone tell me if Cameron has stopped work tax credits for the people that live hear how can it be an eu concession
to let us stop giving work credits to migrants and does that meen that they can still claim out of work benifits

if this is all he can get then it's time to say goodbye

"It's only the grey that matters"
Old 02-02-16, 19:50
Old Git in a T4
Official MemberVW Transporter

Question Re: EU.. Should we stay or should we go?

So what do we think about today's deal.

Is it a deal or just a re assertion of what we already have.

What is in work benefits, does that mean that we still give out of work benefits.

What is a brake on the benefits, is that for a few weeks or years or forever.

All the other EU members have to ratify the offer anyway.

I heard we might get the referendum this summer.
Old 02-02-16, 20:26
Van Master Jedi

Doesn't really matter how good or bad the deal is - its totally pointless if we have to get 55% of the other countries to agree to us using the 'new' powers. They will never do that .

Sorry Mr C but its just a toothless rehash of what we already have and choose not to use. Nowhere near good enough for me I'm afraid, and I'm a blue voter.
Old 02-02-16, 20:28
Vacuous

Location: With Paul Nuttall on our way to the first Mars landing

Who give a stuff what the sickly "we went to the right schools" nauseating halfwits do ! Let's hope they choke on the bile they spew before the media make the unpalatable taste just lovely jubbley. Hoofookinrah !

Short on content
Old 04-02-16, 12:05
Serial Poster

I'm for out.

Cheers, Tony.
Old 04-02-16, 12:39
Vacuous

Location: With Paul Nuttall on our way to the first Mars landing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleftiwallah View Post
I'm far out.

Cheers, Tony.
Too much weed ?

Short on content

Tags
hahaha, vote for freedom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in