VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

finally found a crafter

41K views 98 replies 21 participants last post by  beanie 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all
Finally found a crafter after a few months of searching. It needs a bit of paint work sorting but cant wait to start the new project. I pick it up on Thursday :)
The plan is to turn it into a modular camper so it can be changed to my needs. It will turn from 1 berth to 4 berth and carry motorcross bikes or 4 mountain bike's and 4 people.
Let the project start :D

See less See more
#66 ·
Things are moving on as i got my frame made today to hold my fridge, microwave and a storage locker.
Its in a strange place for some but as i still load my motorcross bike in the back and will sleep in it at the races, its the best use of space. I still have a large storage area at the back for all my bike stuff.
It can be removed quick if i want to change the van around.

#71 ·
Just got home after a great weekend in Yorkshire watching the tour de France.T:
All 3 English stages watched from the road side with the best being on a climb on sunday stage.
Van worked great with the bed/ bike rack we had 3 of us in there with room to spare.

A top weekend now for more work on the van, need to build more units for storage:D

#83 ·
Bit more work on the van this week, after coming home from a MTB race in north Yorkshire this weekend it was Mot time

Found a nice local garage ( wings of welwyn ) and it passed :)

tonight i fitted my new 2000w inverter and my coffee machine and microwave now work on the leisure batteries.

Now ready for a 2 week tour of Scotland mountain biking in a couple of weeks :D

#84 ·
It's been some time since I did anything to my van as I have started a new build on a mates crafter.
Last weekend it was time for some rear window, mainly to let in more light but also to get read of the large dent I got in the right door. I:I:I:I:

I really need to start sorting out the rust spots on the van, any tips would be good. it doesn't need to be show quality as I am going to put some sort of graphic's over it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.