Notices

Old 20-03-17, 12:33
Lord of the T4s

Default Re: Bus Types 2017

Yeh, think we're going to try it anyway and hopefully use it as a springboard for a few days afterwards in Wales...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-03-17, 13:23
Lord of the T4s

It is a good show and I agree that the organisers can't be held responsible for the weather, however, if they're going to host an event which is, apart from the bar, an all grass event then they should have a contingency plan. 2 bales of hay chucked about the place and a token tractor was a very long way from cutting it. I contacted them to ask why they hadn't sent a mass email out to say that the place was a quagmire and apparently that was unreasonable. It seemingly isn't unreasonable to send mass email advertising of the show. Again they said they'd made mention on Facebook but it would seem I had already left home and had no access to it. Nor do I check Facebook for the place I go to every day. I am friendly with a trader who started to call others on the Saturday to say don't bother coming only to find out the organisers had already cancelled many of the traders. So they knew there'd be very little trading. Why didn't the man at the gate, who took my ticket and laughed at me mention the conditions before I drove in and got stuck..twice.
It was just very poor organising, caused damage to my van from all the mud and grit that threw up, the organisers stopped contact with me when I asked for a partial refund (they'd refunded people who didn't come to spend the whole weekend but wouldn't refund me as I stayed Saturday night (unable to move) and left at first light Sunday when I could get a tow). I think they showed themselves as being only interested in the money. Shame really. It's the only show I ever stayed over at.
Old 20-03-17, 19:37
Lord of the T4s
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentRegional Coordinator

T4 Post Icon Re: Bus Types 2017

Yeh, think im going to try it anyway its my 50th few of the boys are coming aswell

Old 20-03-17, 20:12
Lord of the T4s

Do. As said, as long as the weather holds out it is a good show.
Old 01-04-17, 09:33
Lord of the T4s

FWIW I drove past the snowbound on Monday 27th March and it looked a bit rough and had a big donut in the area where the exhibitors normally are so I figured it was a bit wet.
I came past again yesterday and it mustang have had the rain like the West coast because it looked better and was being mowed.
Is there anyone who passes regularly that could update on the condition periodically given last year's mess?
Old 01-04-17, 10:16
More than a little van obsessed
I Support CLIC Sargent

Brilliant show, the organisers can't be held responsible for the weather. I would suggest you sell your vans and book into hotels if you whinge and can't put up with a bit of mud
Old 01-04-17, 10:31
I Support CLIC Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ion View Post
Yeh, think im going to try it anyway its my 50th few of the boys are coming aswell
50th.

Old 01-04-17, 12:45
Lord of the T4s

Very helpful Spanner. I see how you got your name. You quite rightly pointed out that the organisers can't control the weather and indeed you're right. They should however have some sort of arrangement for when it turns to a mud bath. That show damaged my paintwork through all the mud and being thrown up. Afterall they have organised an all grass show, are they going to leave 1000 expensive vans just stranded in the mud? I'm not going to rewrite everything but said organisers were cancelling traders last year and deemed a Facebook warning good enough for everyone else assuming we,'re all on Facebook. They've no problems this year including me in a mass "buy your tickets" email. I know some usual traders aren't going this year after last year's debacle. Anyway I was trying to provide an update for show goers this year, not a platform for insults from you.
Old 01-04-17, 12:55
I Support CLIC Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergrumpy View Post
Very helpful Spanner. I see how you got your name. You quite rightly pointed out that the organisers can't control the weather and indeed you're right. They should however have some sort of arrangement for when it turns to a mud bath. That show damaged my paintwork through all the mud and being thrown up. Afterall they have organised an all grass show, are they going to leave 1000 expensive vans just stranded in the mud? I'm not going to rewrite everything but said organisers were cancelling traders last year and deemed a Facebook warning good enough for everyone else assuming we,'re all on Facebook. They've no problems this year including me in a mass "buy your tickets" email. I know some usual traders aren't going this year after last year's debacle. Anyway I was trying to provide an update for show goers this year, not a platform for insults from you.

Ha Ha and we can see where you got your name from

I have been to camperjam when it was a mud bath.

I have been to Vanpest when there was a river running through it.

I have been to Bustypes numerous times, including last year with the little bit of mud and rain.

I have been to final campdown when the site flooded.

I have been to numerous festivals over the last 40 years.

Not once have I whinged and complained, I make the best of any situation.

I certainly don't blame the organisers for the weather conditions.

As I said sell your "expensive" van and stop in hotels
Old 01-04-17, 13:17
Lord of the T4s
I Support Macmillan

We went once - never again.

I can live with rain, mud and cold like you say the organisers cant help the weather - especially at this time of year so you pays your money and takes your chance.

What the organisers can control, considering how much we paid for the pleasure, is downright inadequate and disgusting toilet facilities.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in