Notices

Old 20-03-17, 12:33
Lord of the T4s

Default Re: Bus Types 2017

Yeh, think we're going to try it anyway and hopefully use it as a springboard for a few days afterwards in Wales...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-03-17, 13:23
Lord of the T4s

It is a good show and I agree that the organisers can't be held responsible for the weather, however, if they're going to host an event which is, apart from the bar, an all grass event then they should have a contingency plan. 2 bales of hay chucked about the place and a token tractor was a very long way from cutting it. I contacted them to ask why they hadn't sent a mass email out to say that the place was a quagmire and apparently that was unreasonable. It seemingly isn't unreasonable to send mass email advertising of the show. Again they said they'd made mention on Facebook but it would seem I had already left home and had no access to it. Nor do I check Facebook for the place I go to every day. I am friendly with a trader who started to call others on the Saturday to say don't bother coming only to find out the organisers had already cancelled many of the traders. So they knew there'd be very little trading. Why didn't the man at the gate, who took my ticket and laughed at me mention the conditions before I drove in and got stuck..twice.
It was just very poor organising, caused damage to my van from all the mud and grit that threw up, the organisers stopped contact with me when I asked for a partial refund (they'd refunded people who didn't come to spend the whole weekend but wouldn't refund me as I stayed Saturday night (unable to move) and left at first light Sunday when I could get a tow). I think they showed themselves as being only interested in the money. Shame really. It's the only show I ever stayed over at.
Old 20-03-17, 19:37
Lord of the T4s
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentRegional Coordinator

T4 Post Icon Re: Bus Types 2017

Yeh, think im going to try it anyway its my 50th few of the boys are coming aswell

Old 20-03-17, 20:12
Lord of the T4s

Do. As said, as long as the weather holds out it is a good show.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in