VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Southend-On-Sea Cruise

17K views 77 replies 33 participants last post by  rimajo 
#1 ·
Looking for response to starting a bi-monthly S-O-S Cruise / stop and look.

Suggest first date Sunday 28th March from 2pm at Uncle Toms Cabin - Shoebury (SS3 9HG). just turn up and park on the grass (don't forget to get a parking ticket).

for the kite surfers, brave ones in March, Uncle Toms is a good stop if the tides in - mud otherwise.

for the kids (big or small) the beach - the ice-creams - the promenade for skating, boarding, biking etc etc.

in the summer May / July could try a bbq and show and shine at Shoebury Eastbeach?

Haven't consulted the Essex & Kent boys on this - hope your OK with it?

T4FAN

#6 ·
Suggest Uncle Toms for the first meet though - East Beach is desolute this time of year even in March.:eek:

Uncle Toms - drive along Southend Front heading East before first big left corner - you will see Thorpe Bay Yaycht Club on Left and round building on right - you want the seaward side round building.

Uncle Toms Cabin,
Shoebury Common Road
Shoeburyness
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
SS3 9HG

The link below should give you directions

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...-Sea,+Essex+SS3+9HG,+United+Kingdom&z=16&pw=2

T4FAN

#11 ·
I will be in SOS on the Friday before to meet up with family.
Unfortunately I have to leave on the Saturday morning as I have work Sat night:(

I have many fond memories of Shoebury Caravan park:D and SOS as all my family live up in that area.

If any more meets coincide with any of my visits I may pop along!T:

#18 ·
Cheers Jim

Safe to say that around lunch time you might see the sea.

Jay (J-T4) - saw your note on keys - I think that if you go to the right of Uncle Toms the gate is always open - popped down on Saturday, bike ride, and it was open. You are right the gate to your left when you arrive is locked.

If you can get the key - do we get free parking?H:

Looks like there are few up for this - spread the word for more.

T4FAN

#21 ·
Just received new seat covers (kid proof) from Turtle Covers (see ebay) they sent me one front captains seat cover for a T5 by mistake (at least they tell me its for a T5). Its a waterproof, grease etc proof one (not the prettiest but useful).

its now looking for a new home (no charge) pick it up at the S-O-S meet March 28th.

First person that asks for it gets it.

T4Fan

#24 · (Edited)
I'll be there:D

High tide is at 11am so best kiting will be 7-9AM or 1-3PM (can't really kite 2 hours either side of high tide as there's not enough beach)...........although if you don't mind a short walk out to the lagoon it will be kiteable till the sun goes down :cool:

Boots needed as there are some mussel beds, but only for the first 10m, just stay away from them, then its hard sand allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way out into the shipping channel, no mud.

If anyone wants any info on the kiting just let me know, if theres wind I'll be outT:

Yes the grass bit is locked, you still have tp pay but theres a bit more room. I'll bring my FB keys hopefully one of them will work but I'm pretty sure most of the locks down there are anti traveller heavy duty bad boy padlocks with special keys.

Jay

#25 ·
Thanks, that would be good, my T4 is looking a little sorry for itself at the moment, it's booked into the body shop on 12th April for a full respray. Still would be good to meet up and have a look at other peoples vans. I will hopefully see you there, cheers Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.