VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

alfa seats in

Tags
alfa seats
3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  VWVanRed 
#1 ·
finally got pic done of my alfa seats sorry its not very god vans in a bit of a mess in front

See less See more
#5 ·
i was lucky bidded on some on ebay and buyer didnt collect it was a portuguse chap who give me a second chance off i got all the fron rear and door cards using rear seat in back and using sections of door cards on my door cards got em for 6o quid but i need a single seat base now best of luck mate

#12 ·
You do see Alfa 156 seats going in red leather here and there. I agree, they look nice.

I just secured a pair of leather A4 seats today, for 25 quid. Picking them up midweek. They're not pristine, so am going to sus them out when I see them and try seeing what they look like sitting on my bases before I start drilling holes.
Alfa seats were my first choice, but they tend to require quite a lot of cash these days.

I'll be letting my two captain's seats go once I've got new seats in. Hoping to recoup a bit of cash through that.

These A4 seats are all electric, heated and they're two tone leather - grey and black. I reckon changing the seats is a really good mod on T4s. Makes a lot of difference to the van.

#16 ·
I'm an idiot.
I picked up these Audi seats tonight. Did it in a rush, they were only 25 quid so I didn't bother too much looking them over, it was a dark lock up and was in a hurry.
Got them back here earlier, started to look over them. They're not A4 seats at all.
They're A3, same as the Mark 4 Golf. Central runner and wheels on the outside rear that are supposed to sit in what I think were welded in runners.
Not a clue how I'd go about fitting them in the van, to be honest :(

They are really, really nice seats. I went for them because of the colour. The grey and black goes really well in the van too, as I thought it would. I whipped the passenger Captain seat out this morning so I stuck one of the seats on the base when I got them back and it looks great. Sickening really.

I reckon I'd have to get around the outer runners somehow, but even then, the bases would need lowering a few inches because they sit high.
I need to look at them in the cold light of day tomorrow, but first impressions are that it's a complete no no.
Would be major, major fabrication time, at best.

Anyone tried to fit these seats before? Advice appreciated.
Anyone got an A3, a Mark 4 Golf or a Caddy that these would fit? They're nice seats. All electric, airbags, heated.

#17 ·
Looks like its a cut and shut job, ok if you can weld and have a welder. If not it will cost you and you might as well pump them and get something that will fit with a little mod that you can do.
I fitted Saab, only needed a steel plate because mine is a early T4. The late T4 base is a drill and fit i think.
Love the look of the Alfa seats now, with the arm rest. I might have to have a look about for some down my way for the right cash.

#18 ·
Yeah, I think the Saab are an easier fit, but I prefer the Alfa myself too.

Paisley Freight do car seats for £20 each, or £30 the pair, which I reckon is reasonable if you spot a decent pair of seats that are cheap enough to warrant the courier cost.

Link in case you haven't got it mate
https://www.paisleyfreight.com/?source=google&segment=alloys&gclid=CMnG_I7hjq8CFcwTfAodeQNaxQ

I'm a muppet basically for buying the Audi seats :D
I'm usually dead careful about buying stuff, but I jumped in with these without doing the research properly.
I'm a bit furstrated because lack of funds has been hampering my progress on the van, and thought I'd spotted a good deal. But it's going to end up costing me more money, because I didn't check it out first properly. Same old story of woe I'm afraid :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.