Old 06-05-12, 22:24
Van Rookie
Official MemberVW Transporter

T5 Post Icon How do you adapt / fit a T5 drivers captain seat to a passenger seat?

Hello, can anyone help, just purchased a t5 drivers captains seat to replace my bench seat. How do we go about converting this to fit the passenger side (I know there's issues with the seat belts etc) and what do we need to do this? Also want them to svivel so can anyone recommend the best parts for this as I've heard some rock! Is this an impossible job as worried I've just spent a lot of money on a seat that's impossible to adapt. Help )
Old 07-05-12, 07:59
Van Master Jedi

Default Re: How do you adapt / fit a T5 drivers captain seat to a passenger seat?

cant help you with the swivel side but its quite easy to swap the seatbelt reciever over , i did it a couple of weeks ago
,you need to carefully remove the plastics around the bottom of the seat, and also the winder wheel and height adjuster
you,ll need a large spline tool , 10mm iirc, to get the reciever off , swap it over and put it back together ,
the winder wheel is a bit tricky but you,ll see when you start

hope this helps
Old 07-05-12, 10:22
Van Rookie

Default Re: How do you adapt / fit a T5 drivers captain seat to a passenger seat?

Hi, thanks for coming back to me, much appreciated. My partner has removed the plastic trim but he doesn't know how to remove the seat winders, can you help? Also how do you swap the belt holder over? Thanks vicki
Old 07-05-12, 11:02
Van Master Jedi

there you go,
prise off the wheels carefully with 2 screwdrivers evenly
you,ll have to cut a small slot in the plastic to fit the reciever to the other side
you will then have a slot on the side where the reciever used to be though
when you get the belt reciever off , what i did was saw an inch off the metal and re-drill a hole , you,ll see when you offer it up to the other side
be careful when you re-fit the winders as they only go on one way , like off-set pegs , again you,ll see when theyre off
best of luck
Old 07-05-12, 11:07
Van Master Jedi

btw if i was to do it again id leave the reciever where it is and get another from a breakers for the other side
that way the seat can be used on either side of the van
Old 07-05-12, 11:20
Van Rookie

Thank you so much your a star
Old 07-05-12, 11:26
Van Master Jedi

did you manage to do it then ??
Old 07-05-12, 20:16
Van Rookie

Hello, thanks again for your sound advice. Seat is all done and fitted. Just gotta order some swivels at some point
Old 09-05-12, 06:20
Van Master Jedi

glad i was of some help
cheers nelly
Old 18-05-12, 21:11
Van Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly View Post
there you go,
prise off the wheels carefully with 2 screwdrivers evenly
you,ll have to cut a small slot in the plastic to fit the reciever to the other side
you will then have a slot on the side where the reciever used to be though
when you get the belt reciever off , what i did was saw an inch off the metal and re-drill a hole , you,ll see when you offer it up to the other side
be careful when you re-fit the winders as they only go on one way , like off-set pegs , again you,ll see when theyre off
best of luck
Nelly - Please help me!!!!!

I cant get the bloody lumber support wheel off. Tried the two screwdrivers either side and really had a got at it, Im starting to scratch up the plastic and worried Im going to do some proper damage.

Any tips?