Old 21-11-12, 17:25
Van Rookie

T4 Post Icon t4 interior melted down. wiring scheme. need help!

Hi, after looking around on the forum i couldn't really find anything helpful so now I decided to make a new thread.

What im looking for is a COMPLETE wiring scheme for a Vw transporter 1994 2.5L gasoline van (8 seats) it's an old police car. Me and my friend was welding some rust and the car interior took fire and we didn't manage to extinguish it in time before all the electricity and instrumental panel was melted down. So we are thinking of fixing it and re wire it.

But is it hard to change the whole interior and wiring inside the cabin? all wires in the engine room is fine, no damage at all. so what we need is a scheme of the whole system because we were offered a Vw transporter 1993 DIESEL without engine cheap. So is the wiring scheme identical from a diesel to a gasoline? we would be thankful if someone could help us out with this! We really want the car to be used.

//Dennis.B
Old 21-11-12, 17:36
Cereal Eater
I Support MacmillanOfficial MemberVW Transporter

T4 Post Icon Re: t4 interior melted down. wiring scheme. need help!

Hello mate, welcome to the forum.

Not sure about the compatibility between the models you mention, but as far as wiring diagrams go; these are quite useful.

http://www.vwbooks.co.uk/t4.htm
Old 21-11-12, 19:34
Van Rookie

Default Re: t4 interior melted down. wiring scheme. need help!

I didn't find that helping me. Maybe you could specify what you meant on that site? Would be nice! Does anyone know if the Wiring scheme from a 1993 Diesel is the same as a 1994 Gasoline?
Old 22-11-12, 07:02
Well connected!
Official TraderVW Transporter

The "base" wiring is the same on all T4. There will be differences in the engine bay loom and some options at the fuse box will be different but it will be easier to make the required modifications than start from scratch.
Let me have an email address and I will send you the diagrams.

Electrics for camper vans and work vehicles.
www.travelvolts.com

INFO Text call back to 07971 165747 or upspex@gmail.com
Old 04-04-13, 13:44
Van Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by upspex View Post
The "base" wiring is the same on all T4. There will be differences in the engine bay loom and some options at the fuse box will be different but it will be easier to make the required modifications than start from scratch.
Let me have an email address and I will send you the diagrams.
are you 100% sure? what modifications would that be if so? I am probably going to buy a diesel without engine. maybe some relays are wrong or so?
Old 04-04-13, 20:56
Van Rookie

There are differences between the pre 1999 models and later ones. Know myself as had a dash fire and the looms and immobiliser are different from the pre 1999 and later.

Have a dash loom for pre 1999 modded to fit the later type heater controls but have ended up getting a loom ordered as wouldn't work in 2002 model.

The immobiliser that fits into the loom on the pre 1999 is an 8 wire one whereas the later ones are 10 wire and pick up some info from the grey and white wire.