Old 01-12-12, 17:55
Van Pro

T5 Post Icon chorley car audio

I've been trying to get hold of chris at chorley car audio for the last week but get no answer on the land line, his web site appears to be down as well, does anybody have any idea whats happening there.
Old 01-12-12, 18:05
Van Pro

T5 Post Icon Re: chorley car audio

just found the answer, sign of the times I suppose. Sorry to hear it though coz chris was really good at what he did.

i have some sad news for you all and there's no real easy way of saying it so here goes.

I have taken the decision over the weekend to close down Chorley Car Audio. Its been a tough decision to make and one that i dont want to make but nevertheless its been made.

the last 3-4 months have been really hard on us all, but the car audio game has taken a big hit since the news of the recession has spread. Car Audio for a few of us is a neccessity/essential/must have but for the most it is seen as a luxury that can be forgone in light of hard times.

I have tried everything to build business back up, special offers, radio advertising, fliers, news paper advertising and word of mouth but none of them seem to have been effective to the point where i can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The R32oc is a MASSIVE reason why CCA has survived as long as it has and its a HUGE thanks to Wayne for giving me the opportunity to be on one of the best, friendliest and most enthusiastic sites in the world, cheers Wayne, its been amazing.

As for the rest of you guys, words cannot thank you enough for all the business you have put my way and all the fun times that have been endured in CCA HQ. You guys are unique and i will always associate my fond memories of CCA with R32oc!

Thanks for reading and all the best

Chris 'R32' Greenhalgh
Old 02-12-12, 12:34
Van Jedi

Default Re: chorley car audio

sad times indeed
Old 02-12-12, 14:12
Lord of the T4s
Official MemberVW Transporter

Sorry to hear this bud, as a small business owner I know how tough it is out there at the moment.

Those who risk nothing ,do nothing ,achieve nothing ,become nothing.
Old 02-12-12, 16:59
Van Jedi

T4 Post Icon Re: chorley car audio

DAMN damn and

I was gonna call them as well to get a nav stereo fitted in my Jetta

Are you doing any foreigners ? Im based at the stagecoach garage and got plenty of space ?

Martin
07742 0000 32
Old 02-12-12, 19:16
Van Jedi

T5 Post Icon Re: chorley car audio

thats a dam shame
Old 02-12-12, 19:38
Hi ho silver away!!
I Support CLIC SargentOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Bad news indeed! Wish them all the best
Old 02-12-12, 20:17
Its a Zen Thing Man

The internet will be the death of all bricks and mortar retail.
Old 02-12-12, 23:40
Lord of the T4s
Official TraderVW Transporter

Sad times indeed , Car Audio has hard it hard for last 7-10 years really , good times are over ,as the shaggit out for sod all boys are willing to make a few quid a box to post it out and the massive downturn in sales ,due to better audio installed in cars these days makes it almost impossible to have a business model .
I moved away from Audio in 2007 (SCR CAR RADIO) ,some of you may remember , the company does still trade and has evolved into doing smart repairs ,the only way they could be around still.
Im sure like bodyshops (also in freefall ) many more will go .
Old 03-12-12, 19:41
Van Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja1969 View Post
just found the answer, sign of the times I suppose. Sorry to hear it though coz chris was really good at what he did.

i have some sad news for you all and there's no real easy way of saying it so here goes.

I have taken the decision over the weekend to close down Chorley Car Audio. Its been a tough decision to make and one that i dont want to make but nevertheless its been made.

the last 3-4 months have been really hard on us all, but the car audio game has taken a big hit since the news of the recession has spread. Car Audio for a few of us is a neccessity/essential/must have but for the most it is seen as a luxury that can be forgone in light of hard times.

I have tried everything to build business back up, special offers, radio advertising, fliers, news paper advertising and word of mouth but none of them seem to have been effective to the point where i can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The R32oc is a MASSIVE reason why CCA has survived as long as it has and its a HUGE thanks to Wayne for giving me the opportunity to be on one of the best, friendliest and most enthusiastic sites in the world, cheers Wayne, its been amazing.

As for the rest of you guys, words cannot thank you enough for all the business you have put my way and all the fun times that have been endured in CCA HQ. You guys are unique and i will always associate my fond memories of CCA with R32oc!

Thanks for reading and all the best

Chris 'R32' Greenhalgh
This info is what cca posted a few years ago which was posted on oc.com!! when things were tough
they never closed they continued trading !! hope this time its rumours!!