VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

T4 Speedo Cable

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  paswag 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement speedo cable for my 1991 T4 1.9d?
I think mine is shot as the speedo, trip and miles are not reading a all, but I can't seem to find one anywhere.
CHeers,
P.

#2 ·
Hello, I am looking for the same thing - I've just registered on here to ask about speedo cables! Mine is a LHD and I am in the Netherlands.
I've been told they are hard to come by and the best bet may be a junkyard...
If you do get any suggestions, would be grateful if you could let me know.

#5 ·
Hi Jerry,
That looks like the part I need. My garage have told me the part number I am looking for is 702957803. They cant get hold of it from their usual suppliers, as it isnt made anymore and there aren't any in the country, but they said I might be able to source from net.
How much do you want for it? Might be a useful spare even if it doesnt fit this time!
Cheers

#11 ·
Cable arrived Saturday morning very quick delivery. First inspection it would appear to have two male ends and on one end the connector looks suspiciously like the one in the above diagram that connects to the back of the speedo and there is a rubber grommet along the cable that would fit into the bulkhead. This being the case they possibly have now had them made as a one piece cable and made the. job of fitting them harder !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.