VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

My new sun canopy

44K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  maggievee 
#1 ·
Hi just thought i'd share a picture of my new sun canopy which we tried out for the first time at the weekend, after much research of kyham and other styles i went for this not bad price £79 Delivered and very sturdy bit of kit its called a EASI-CANOPI Caravan Sun Canopy and works perfect for us

See less See more
#12 ·
Nice looking bit of kit. Works very well and like you say, windbreaks will give you a bit more enclosure.

A cheaper option which is a bit smaller is the tarp from Decathlon. Does the same thing but only £24.99. I've seen them tied to vans but I got my mum (bless) to sew a 'sleeve' on one edge so I can use my pole and clamp on the Reimo rail. It works very well and is very handy for quick setups. I've also used it to bridge between the van and a popup tent which works well.

Just an option for anyone looking for a very cheap and functional canopy that will do a job. Not knocking the Easi Canopi which looks good value.

#14 ·
yeah, that's what we've done, although after initially putting it up we have (or rather the wife has )personalised ours and moved the tie down loops to coincide with the bolts on the roof. she also sewed a red border around to get rid of the orange decathalon one. does the job

the photo is from the first time I put it up, messing about. and it was attached to the holes on the p/s of van

#15 ·
I've looked everywhere too, only suggestion is call outdoor revolution number is on their website or get some rip stop kite material off of eBay cut sew ( or get someone who can) a kador strip on one end, punch 2 holes half way down on the sides for poles and 2 on the ends either for poles when it needs to be out straight or to tie it down, basically it's a rectangle shape so shouldn't be too hard to make one, I'm going to have a go if that fails I'll buy the porch canopy one with the sides

#19 ·
We have one of those canopies, trouble is when it rains water forms a big pool.
Initially a pole with a tennis ball cured this...(or even a coffee cup seen here.

unhappy with this I shortened it and altered it to take a pole and clamp set up.....

and with three poles makes a nice tarp set up...

in wetter weather the front can drop down....

Both options cope very well with both wind and rain, although a recent trip to Loch Ness and according to the site owner the worst weather in 40 years and with allegedly 90mph gusts ripped the our pegs out and added a few war wounds to the tarp :( and my kayak nearly ended up in Inverness!

Cheers
Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.