Old 03-08-13, 19:16
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

T5 Post Icon Reversing sensor

Been having trouble with my sensors for a while. Temperamental. Sometimes working (normally in good weather) but most of the time not. Been getting a higher pitched sound for about 5s then nothing. Well this morning all was ok and all sensors working but this father noon the same problem.

On listening to the sensors they are all clicking apart from the one on the driver side so I am assuming this is the cause of the problem, unless someone can suggest something else??

Anyway,two questions........

1) how does the sensor come out, can it be done without removing bumper?

2) best and cheapest place to buy a sensor. I've heard vw are expensive. In saying that I don't want cheap cheap that will break in 5mins.

Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 03-08-13, 19:32
Trade Member
Official TraderVW Transporter

Default Re: Reversing sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuc52 View Post
Been having trouble with my sensors for a while. Temperamental. Sometimes working (normally in good weather) but most of the time not. Been getting a higher pitched sound for about 5s then nothing. Well this morning all was ok and all sensors working but this father noon the same problem.

On listening to the sensors they are all clicking apart from the one on the driver side so I am assuming this is the cause of the problem, unless someone can suggest something else??

Anyway,two questions........

1) how does the sensor come out, can it be done without removing bumper?

2) best and cheapest place to buy a sensor. I've heard vw are expensive. In saying that I don't want cheap cheap that will break in 5mins.

Any help would be great. Thanks
It probably that sensor, look underneath they unclip and comes out behind the bumper, try TPS for price...

www.absoluteaudio.org.uk www.absolut5.co.uk
Car Audio, T5 Trimming Service.
JL Audio, Morel, Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Rainbow, Sigma, Scorpiontrack
Members discount.Call 01980 624740
Old 04-08-13, 13:28
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: Reversing sensor

Spot on, thanks for that. Got it out. Swapped it around with one of the sensors that does work which worked on that side so wil price a new sensor tomorrow