Old 13-09-13, 11:35
Vantastic
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: Lazy low life benefit scrounging big telly spongers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachlan13 View Post
I was going to respond to various points here but can't be bothered because I've heard it all before.

Benefits are a right, so you got that one wrong for starters, unless you think your taxes go to the tax fairy.

Saddens me when so many are so bewildered, blinkered and down right selfish, as in the video, god forbid that misfortune visits your door..
Who says Benefits are a right?? YOU? Whats that got to do with where my tax goes??
Sounds like you are the bewildered, blinkered one. Why am I selfish? I give to charities and good causes. NOT HOPELES ONES!!
Old 13-09-13, 11:46
Lord of the T4s
Help For HeroesOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Have recently become submerged in the benefits system. Have never claimed a penny in my life until very recently.I am was absolutely gob smacked at what the benefits people throw around.

Personnel pride and my own values,morals and ethics want to see me out of the system ASAP. As soon as I have got my life sorted out, whether it be 2014 or the year after I WILL be working again, doing something.

From experience I can see why it can be seen as the easy option for the less motivated.
Old 13-09-13, 16:11
Serial Poster
Regional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Its an area that needs inidividual assessment - not generalisation.

Big flat screen TVs arent exactly a luxury any longer, I dont know anyone who still uses a CRT let alone where to buy one.
If they want to spend their benefit on fags and booze, pizza and drugs then thats their loss - or worse - their kids loss

Benefits are a right, but like in most things rights are abused.

A nice big reward for dobbing in benefit cheets would perhaps get them tracked down a bit quicker - but then we are all told NO-ONE LIKES A SNITCH

Its a good video and should help educate the ignorant and daily whale readers that not every benefit claimer is a leach.

There are plenty of spongers, plenty of career claimants, plenty of disability frauds, plenty of single mothers with a brood. Theres loads of ideas to stop or reduce the scams but lots of do-gooders get in the way
Old 13-09-13, 16:30
Serial Poster

I want that sticker!
Old 13-09-13, 17:20
Van Master Jedi

What is wrong with people I have seen posts on here before about the same thing,people shouldn't be so quick to walk round looking down their nose at others,yes their are people out their that wouldn't work on battery's and then there are people like myself who worked all his life to have a house two cars and a nice back account!! Tats what we all go to work for so we can choose we're we live treat the kids go on holidays etc!! A couple of years ago I lost my job and within 7 months of not be able to get work I had sold the cars my tools cleared the bank account to try and hold on to are family home !!! I had paid my tax for over 14 years at that stage and my benefits were running out I live in Ireland and the benefits are 188 euro a week,so u can under stand I was losing all I had worked for pretty quick it was a really really bad time for my family as all the benefits would do was put food on the table really,which is all it is meant to do!!! I managed to turn it around just by pure luck and am back in a comfortable position again thank god,but I two thought just like a lot ,( look at those f,,,,kers would do a days work if it hit them in the face ) and while I do agree that some do take the and cheat the system, there's noting that can b done about it!!! Live and let live,just remember any of the working people are only a few mortgage payments away of losing it all and ending up on benefits, u/we are working to Own what we have and while u are on benefits u will never own anything of any real value to pass to ur kids like ur home or have money/ savings to pay for your daughters wedding!! Or for collage for your son/ daughter etc,!!! U are not working to keep all the people you dislike,u are working for a better life for your self and your family,oh and to keep your over priced/modded van just remember it could be you just as easy and all it takes is a p45 and a couple of months of no work for it to happen,and believe me once your in that club it's very had to get back out,I was as I said luckly,but if I hadn't of been I would probably be one of the people been looked down on!!! Take a look at the people everyone gives out about!! So what they have a big tv ( it is more than likely on the never never) and they probably miss the house rent a few times to pay for it, would u be happy if they had absolutely noting!! I bet u wouldn't when u come home and your tv etc is gone because the couple down the street had no money to get food to feed there children,because ill tell u one thing if I couldn't have drawn benefits .my kids would have starved and I would have done anything to feed them ,would u not!!! If there were no benefits when u can't get work or can't work because something happened u,what do u do then !!
Old 13-09-13, 17:41
More than a little van obsessed
I Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad t5 View Post
What is wrong with people I have seen posts on here before about the same thing,people shouldn't be so quick to walk round looking down their nose at others,yes their are people out their that wouldn't work on battery's and then there are people like myself who worked all his life to have a house two cars and a nice back account!! Tats what we all go to work for so we can choose we're we live treat the kids go on holidays etc!! A couple of years ago I lost my job and within 7 months of not be able to get work I had sold the cars my tools cleared the bank account to try and hold on to are family home !!! I had paid my tax for over 14 years at that stage and my benefits were running out I live in Ireland and the benefits are 188 euro a week,so u can under stand I was losing all I had worked for pretty quick it was a really really bad time for my family as all the benefits would do was put food on the table really,which is all it is meant to do!!! I managed to turn it around just by pure luck and am back in a comfortable position again thank god,but I two thought just like a lot ,( look at those f,,,,kers would do a days work if it hit them in the face ) and while I do agree that some do take the and cheat the system, there's noting that can b done about it!!! Live and let live,just remember any of the working people are only a few mortgage payments away of losing it all and ending up on benefits, u/we are working to Own what we have and while u are on benefits u will never own anything of any real value to pass to ur kids like ur home or have money/ savings to pay for your daughters wedding!! Or for collage for your son/ daughter etc,!!! U are not working to keep all the people you dislike,u are working for a better life for your self and your family,oh and to keep your over priced/modded van just remember it could be you just as easy and all it takes is a p45 and a couple of months of no work for it to happen,and believe me once your in that club it's very had to get back out,I was as I said luckly,but if I hadn't of been I would probably be one of the people been looked down on!!! Take a look at the people everyone gives out about!! So what they have a big tv ( it is more than likely on the never never) and they probably miss the house rent a few times to pay for it, would u be happy if they had absolutely noting!! I bet u wouldn't when u come home and your tv etc is gone because the couple down the street had no money to get food to feed there children,because ill tell u one thing if I couldn't have drawn benefits .my kids would have starved and I would have done anything to feed them ,would u not!!! If there were no benefits when u can't get work or can't work because something happened u,what do u do then !!
you was not lucky , you worked your way out of it as i am reading it .... i have been flat on my bum also , not been able to get benefits , went out 4am till 7pm every day to claw it back .... and yes i see it that most on benefits driving nice cars , big tv's ect have it all on the treacle stick . i dont envy them and would not want to be them ..

British Short Hair Cats Clicky
Old 13-09-13, 17:52
Van Master Jedi

Yes I did work my way out of it,but I was lucky to get a job to work my way out of it,it wasn't easy,but I did get a luckly brake as in the site I walked into the foreman was in the middle of a row with a labour turned round and sacked him on the spot and turned around to me and asked me want I wanted and I said a job he handed me a shovel and a brush and pointed at a skip and a pile of rubbish and that was the start of working again I was just in the rite place at the rite time,never told him I was a chippy/carpenter until the build was finishing up and the snag list was starting the the chippy s didn't turn up so I got that work as well,been doing work for him ever since and work for my self as well,as for ur self I hope and wish u th best of luck with ur hunt hopefully something will turn up for u really soon
Old 13-09-13, 17:54
Van Master Jedi

Sorry mate I see now u already have,long may it continue mate
Old 13-09-13, 18:00
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC SargentOfficial MemberVW Transporter

The whole problem of benefit dependancy can be solved by making people do work to benefit their community. We all have to work for our money, it doesn't make any sense for people who can't find work to be paid not to work when paying them to get up in the morning and do something productive would benefit them and society in general. Benefit cheats would find it difficult to work and genuine claimants might even learn some useful skills.

Life's too short for cheap beer !
Old 13-09-13, 18:02
Stop Killing Our Children

UK government figures for 2012 estimate benefits overpaid due to fraud is £1.2 billion and tax credit fraud is £380 million. So just under £1.6 billion in total; less than 1% of the overall benefits and tax credits expenditure and less than benefits underpaid and overpaid due to error.

It's a lot of money, and it’s never right, but unfortunately fraud happens in many walks of life. Sometimes it helps to compare the figures with other fraud or error. More than this amount was overpaid in benefits due to claimant and official error. That was £2.2 billion in 2011/12 and is recovered by the UK Government. Equally claimant and official error led to £1.3 billion benefits being underpaid.

Get some perspective, benefit fraud represents 2% of the estimated total annual fraud in the UK.

why not the same derision directed at bankers, MPs and the host of transnational companies that pay no tax at all, why not have a go at all the trades (many here no doubt) that are not paying their fair shares?

but no matter of the real facts, about who is actually ripping us off.

the stated plan is to converge our living standards to compete with China, India and Africa within a generation or so. It will be too late for those that blame the poor by the time they realise that year on year they will become poorer.

THEY WILL BE YOU!

No not me tho' I'm alright jack I will do fine, I will always do well. - or so you think -

It could be you will change to - it is you.

The facts speak for themselves.... The number of men working full time fell by 272,000 this year and those in part time work rose 281,000. This is the highest number of people in part time work since records began in 1992. A third of those men in part time work stated they held those positions because they could not find full time work.

Wages have fallen for 36 of the 37 months of the Coalition government. This makes Cameron’s Coalition the the worst performing government in UK history on wages. No former Prime Minister in the history of our parliamentary democracy has seen wages drop for this length of time – not Thatcher, not Harold Wilson, not Ted Heath.

There has also been the rise of Zero Hours contracts, which mean working people are not guaranteed regular hours by their employer, or access to basic employment rights such as sick pay, paid annual leave or a notice period before dismissal. A recent survey by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, found more than 1 million UK workers is now on a Zero Hours contract.

IT WILL BE YOU!
Unemployment among 16-24 year olds was up 34,000. This means the UK has an unemployment rate of 21% among young people, with 960,000 now jobless.

“Fight one more round – remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped.”

Last edited by clunkey; 13-09-13 at 18:14.