Old 16-03-10, 09:44
Van Rookie

party Window fitting and anything else conversion

Hi,

New to all this VW stuff. Decided after years of camping that id step up a notch so bought myself a 1996 T4 LWB panel van. Found a nice 1 on ebay and bought it partially blind. Thanks Ken. Ive been fancing a camper for years and in particular a T4.

After quite a few hours!!! of internet trawling ( and a thousand cups of coffee later ) i realised exactly how much it would cost to convert my baby to a camper, NOT CHEAP!

I decided to tackle the wiring myself, installed a splitter diode, all the powering cable, 4AWG courtasy of nexxia accustic solutions online, before you fit any wiring try these for price and you can buy it buy the meter! various fuse boxes via ebay and even managed to successfully incorperate a 240v hook up into the system.

After using the digital fuse box ( and being unable to start her some mornings ) i realised the VALEO alternator wasnt kicking out any charge, back to the net for ideas. Trying to find parts for this was a complete NIGHTMARE! Most companies only sell the complete altenator. Even tried Valeo themselves. Finally found a company in the states called Wagner who did a voltage regulator and a few other bits i needed to repair it but the postage was very expensive so, a few hours later i found a company called Vehicle electrics in Birmingham Tel: 01217060688. Found quality parts, cheaper and only 1.75 p&p. Ask for Mark, brilliant, knowledgable guy!! THANK YOU

Insolation, wiring, ventilation, plylining all complete. I needed windows. Someting i didnt want to tackle myself purely because i havnt got the tools or the know how. Back to the net AGAIN, hours of pricing and compairing ( bit of a skin flint, but then every penny counts ) finally found a company in Devon who fit windows. 150 per window plus VAT, result!

Booked the appointment and headed down. T4 heaven there, made mine look a bit tatty but then my babies face lift has only just begun!

Met with Laurence, the owner of TotallyT4 @ TotallyT4.co.uk Tel: 07817699247 really sound guy! Started fitting the widows around 10am and had finished both and tinted them by 1.30. Original VW windows 2. Did a wicked job, VERY pleased!

Most companies want you in and out ASAP "thanks for the cash now off you go", but Laurence was very hospitable, took time to show me pics of previous jobs ( judging by the pics i saw these guys know EXACTLY what they are doing, form interior trimming, engine mods to exterior styling and spraying) VERY proffessional finishes. As i am a compete beginer and useless with mechanics i was a bit concerned about the dreaded oil light on the van Laurence had a look and offered some invaluable advice.

Really good company and really sound guy so id recommend TotallyT4 for all your T4 T5 needs. Thanks Laurence.

Well thats the story so far............

Peace and love

Lees and Kylie
Old 17-03-10, 16:08
More than a little van obsessed
Help For HeroesI Support Cancer Research UKI Support Children In NeedOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: Window fitting and anything else conversion

Welcome to the forum, glad you got a great service from this neck of the woods, come back down for lazy Lobb 4 in April.

Yesterday's surf is history, tomorrow's surf is a mystery, surf for today.
Old 17-03-10, 16:36
Lord of the T4s

Default Re: Window fitting and anything else conversion

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you got stuck right in.