VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Engine Remapping

45K views 202 replies 85 participants last post by  malaroo978 
#1 · (Edited)

I will also be at Oktoberfest

See less See more
#11 ·
I have an ex-AA T4 2.5TDi which has already been factory re-mapped for the AA apparently to 114BHP what sort of improvement could a re-map offer me? Tangible MPG improvements would be what I am looking rather than BHP.

I am in Swindon and could travel to you quite easily.

Regards,

Bevan

#12 ·
There is no guarantee with MPG, its a + you get with a new map but in most cases customers see an increase.

eg:

Bora tdi 130hp - remapped to 165bhp mpg was 52mpg and is now 60+mpg
T4 multivan 150hp - remapped to 187bhp mpg was 42mpg is now 50mpg

with regards to 114bhp have you had this proven in a power run on a rolling road ??

sensible power rise you see upto 135bhp but depends on each vehicle..

Hope this helps

#13 ·
Cheers nath. drive home tonight was awsum. pulls really well in all gears now and cruised home on the CC at 80 the whole way (didn't drop at all up the hills either).

sounded amazing in the 2 tunnels I go through as well. and you are right. it is the best thing I've done to the van.

#23 ·
Don't forget everyone I'm at Oktoberfest offering remaps or even questions and a chat about what I offer T:... look out for my van Grey T5

I'm a fully trained ATA Vw mastertech

I will also be checking and adjusting pump timing too for a small charge.

Nathan

Wagenworx@sky.com

wagenworx.co.uk

Tel: 07739179880

#27 ·
Nathan remapped my bus on Sunday and to say I'm well pleased would be an understatement! My van is a standard 88bhp 2.5tdi with no mods apart from a Decat powerflow exhaust. Just having the remap (including an ecu egr blank) has really improved performance especially at motorway speeds and blasts up hills on half throttle.

If anyone has been thinking about getting their van done stop thinking about it and DO IT!! and make Nathan your first port of call..

#30 ·
Well I had a visit from the man, he did the pump timing as it was hardly on the scale and waved the magic wand over the ECU. What a difference!!

Has much more grunt at the bottom end and the improvement up through the gears is really noticable. Only took about an hour and have to say it is the best mod I have had done.

After parents afternoon at my kids school I decided to have a run up the North Devon link Rd and grab a surf at the end of it. This is where the most difference is noticable, the overall cruising is much improved, especially up the hills. Before the re-map the van got to the top of the hills no worries, but always seemed to be getting to the point where I was going to have to drop into 4th just at the crest of the hills (unless I took a run up at them)

Now though, approach at 60-70mph, hardly touching the throttle and up she goes all the way with no slowing whatsoever, plus if i am doing 70mph up hill and give it a boot full to overtake, it will still pull lovely, UPHILL !!

Was a pleasure to drive, so a big thank you to Nathan and his box of tricks. Also thanks for entertaining the guy that turned up on spec to buy one of my surfboards!! Was great to meet you and Taylor!! Worse thing was seeing you drive away in such a cracking T5, beautiful van!!

If anyone has any doubts about getting this done, dont!! A:

#38 ·
Hi, does this mean you can also confirm the van is running ok eg. maf sensor etc prior to installing the remap. I notice that some remappers are adding the proviso that the van has to be 100% prior to install. Would you be able to offer this assurance? Regards, Simon.:ILU:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.