Old 02-10-10, 15:25
Serial Poster
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default New shape Beetle boot stuck.....Advice please!?!?!?

So tail gate won't open, it makes the noise in response to either the door switch or the remote but nowt happens. Got it open one time by random and had a poke around.

When you look down into the hole where the latch goes you have the usual set up of what I think is a sensor paddle to the right of the locking pin (sensor 2 is lighting onthe dash if connected). To the left of the pin is what I think is a switch or actuater. The casing surrounding the pin inside the hole seems to hold both the sensor and the actuator (if I've got those components correct) in a single casing of black plasic. This whole casing is wonky and sitting at an angle and forward slightly. I'm guessing this means the mounting point that hold this set up in place has broken or come loose. However I couldn't get to the gubbins as when I bent down and opened the little first aid kit flap I found the plasic boot trim is held in place with clips that I think you need a special tool for. The clips look like the standard expanding claw type trim/panel clips but they appear to have a little pin in the middle that needs pushing out from the inside in order to compress the claw and pull the clips through.

So..............anyone know where I can get a clip removal tool from or have one I can borrow (assuming I have this right)?

Also, as I've now had to close the boot again (it has decided it is still firmly not playing ball) I will have to crawl in from the rear seat to do the job unless anyone can tell me if there is a way to overide the central locking and open the boot manually?

Thank you oh wise and learned ones!
Old 03-10-10, 23:13
Serial Poster

Default Re: New shape Beetle boot stuck.....Advice please!?!?!?

C'mon there are several other new Beetles on here.....someone must know?
Old 03-10-10, 23:42
Lord of the T4s
Help For HeroesOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Climb into back and look for the emergency release - its on the tailgate near the lock mechanism. It has a boot opening sticker/symbol on it.
You have to pull the bung off and then you will see a cord-pull this and it manually opens boot. You can then get to innerds to take the lock/trim off to fix fault.
Old 05-10-10, 12:37
Serial Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS-DONT-SURF View Post
Climb into back and look for the emergency release - its on the tailgate near the lock mechanism. It has a boot opening sticker/symbol on it.
You have to pull the bung off and then you will see a cord-pull this and it manually opens boot. You can then get to innerds to take the lock/trim off to fix fault.
Thanks for the knowledge! Now if someone can tell me how to get the little clips out that hold the lower tim in place that'll be ace!
Old 05-10-10, 13:34
Senior Moderator
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentI Support Children In NeedRegional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW TransporterModerator

www.evvo.co.uk for all things new beetle