Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20-12-10, 20:21
TerryO TerryO is offline
Van Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 16
Default T4RUS side exit exhaust

Anyone got one ? Thinking about getting one and was wondering if they are loud? I;m assuming they have 1 less silencer box so should be. My mate has the normal full stainless from T4RUS and is spot on, hardly no extra noise at all.

Also, anyone got pics of their side exit ???
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-12-10, 21:24
PurpleClimber PurpleClimber is offline
Van Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chesterfield
Posts: 132
Default Re: T4RUS side exit exhaust

Sorry no pics. I have a side exit (can't remember who from off the top of my head but the guy is on here). It makes a slight increase in noise but not massive. Its not a throaty roar or anything but then my 1.9td probably wouldn't get it to do that anyway I got it mainly as a good option for not having a cat in there.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-12-10, 21:25
TerryO TerryO is offline
Van Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 16
Default Re: T4RUS side exit exhaust

And it passes the mot emmisions ok ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-12-10, 21:45
adie horrocks adie horrocks is offline
Van Master Jedi
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: camberley Surrey
Posts: 766
Default Re: T4RUS side exit exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
Anyone got one ? Thinking about getting one and was wondering if they are loud? I;m assuming they have 1 less silencer box so should be. My mate has the normal full stainless from T4RUS and is spot on, hardly no extra noise at all.

Also, anyone got pics of their side exit ???
hi there,

i have had a a side exit of performance pipes and tuning (they are on here)

the sound is very good, not to loud at all

i had a k and n style air filter and you could here the turbo spool up

it was deep on tick over but not to deep

all good imo buddy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-12-10, 22:59
pptuning's Avatar
pptuning pptuning is offline
buy online,!!! pptuning.co.uk
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lincolnshire
Posts: 1,145
Default Re: T4RUS side exit exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by adie horrocks View Post
hi there,

i have had a a side exit of performance pipes and tuning (they are on here)

the sound is very good, not to loud at all

i had a k and n style air filter and you could here the turbo spool up

it was deep on tick over but not to deep

all good imo buddy
They are both good systems
Noise is more than what a standard system as its nearer to you.
All good though
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-12-10, 11:49
Village's Avatar
Village Village is offline
I've got a Black i
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Aylesbury, BUCKS
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: T4RUS side exit exhaust

I made my first trip upto Louth almost exactly 1 year ago (in the snow) and have since bought 3 other bits of kit from them. Careful, stainless steel can become addictive!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-12-10, 12:11
edbluejuice's Avatar
edbluejuice edbluejuice is offline
I have noticed I can't spell
I Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesOfficial MemberVW TransporterModerator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In constant fear of being found out
Posts: 6,150
Default Re: T4RUS side exit exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
And it passes the mot emmisions ok ?
It's a smoke test only and the pp ones pass the smoke test just fine (in fact very easily). Assume the T4RUS ones are the same on the test.

My MOT tester commented on how well mine did he is also a very strict tester! Failed my Audi lights in the first instance with quite massive style
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-12-10, 12:11
stinky851's Avatar
stinky851 stinky851 is offline
Greasemonkeywannabee
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redcar
Posts: 486
Default Re: T4RUS side exit exhaust

Do it. The difference in noise is minimal but just sounds somehow 'nicer', kind of throaty - and it looks good with the stainless tail pipe cheekily stickin out the side near the rear wheel arch. Absolute doddle to fit as well.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-12-10, 13:32
supermotodaz supermotodaz is offline
Van Expert
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 43
Default Re: T4RUS side exit exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky851 View Post
Do it. The difference in noise is minimal but just sounds somehow 'nicer', kind of throaty - and it looks good with the stainless tail pipe cheekily stickin out the side near the rear wheel arch. Absolute doddle to fit as well.
I was thinking about these but i,ve fitted side bars ,i,m guessing the bars are gonna prevent the side exit style though, to they exit real close to vn body ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-12-10, 14:58
Village's Avatar
Village Village is offline
I've got a Black i
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Aylesbury, BUCKS
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: T4RUS side exit exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermotodaz View Post
I was thinking about these but i,ve fitted side bars ,i,m guessing the bars are gonna prevent the side exit style though, to they exit real close to vn body ?
I fitted mine myself (and did a fairly bad job of it) and the pipe would clear a set of sidebars if I had any fitted....

see pic below:



must get round to sorting it out, but might wait for the snow to melt first......
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Merchandise Advert

All times are GMT. The time now is 19:52.